Home Theaer PC (pics inside)

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by N0sferatU, Aug 9, 2007.

1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    cool stuff :cool:

I just ordered a 750GB hard drive for $116 (found a steal) so I'll be up to just a hair under 2.0 terabytes of storage...and yes I need it with all my multimedia :heh:

:)

EDIT: I used to have that same chair :heh: :)

2. raystormer

raystormer Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 on tx-42" westy
    can anyone help me with uploading pic's

3. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    cool stuff fellas..

4. D-DayDawson

D-DayDawson Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 5770
    Try using photobucket.com....

5. raystormer

raystormer Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 on tx-42" westy
    i'll wait and seee what noS has to say about doing it

6. briinthesky

briinthesky Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS RADEON 6870
    Hi

I notice from your pic's that you get full screen when playing hd (300 pic) are you using media portal for this ? as i use power dvd and find i have a 3" gap top and bottom and its pissing me off. so i was wondering how you managed to fill your screen ?
    I have just bought a hda explosion card from Azentech which allows me to utilise full 5.1 digital audio as i found that my x-fi would only output 2 cannel.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Thanks.
    Bc.

7. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    nice setup dude, congrats, enjoy!!!!!!!

8. D-DayDawson

D-DayDawson Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 5770
    If you look carefully you'll see the bars on on the top and bottom of the images, it's not full screen....

9. raystormer

raystormer Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 on tx-42" westy
    yeah guys u can check emm out now on de first first..... cool more to upload later

10. raystormer

raystormer Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 on tx-42" westy
    here's some more

here's some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    "give them nothing, but take from them Everything"

"This is where we fight, and this is where they die"

"Spartans"

12. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I get full screen with mediaportal (and with PowerDVD) with no underscan/overscan HOWEVER you have to remember not all films/movies are released in the same aspect ratio. If you're playing a 2.35:1 AR movie on a 16:9 screen you're going to have black bars.

13. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    here I snapped a shot of the screen (and my mess behind the rig :heh: It's hidden from view rather well but it's still there :heh:...) BTW those few monster cables I got those for FREE or else I wouldn't be using 'em :)

See no underscan/overscan and no "bars" it's all filled

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Is that the 37 x model, i'm looking at getting it. Is it any good?

I have a 26'' Philips and a 32'' Samsung R32, but i want some 1080p(cheap).

Its 1200 euro over here for the 37'' Tos. 37X30D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  15. raystormer

raystormer Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 on tx-42" westy
    hey*** N0sferatU***very impressive but it looks like u need a proper power supply device to put yoor equipment on except for the receiver for it willl kill any back up instantly.....and i use cat 5 cables for speaker out's as it's cleaner than standard speaker wire....would like to get some of those monster cables expecialy the hdmi versions

16. briinthesky

briinthesky Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS RADEON 6870
    N0sferatU
    Thanks for the heads up i will try and get hold of Mediaportal and give it a go although as yet i am only playing via disc through Pdvd not windows mc.
    I realise with some movies the aspect ratio will not allow you to fill the screen but it seems a waste of potential.I also find if i use my dvd player i can use the tv to rid myself of the bars but when using the pc this function does not work.
    Thank you for your help.
    Bc.
    I will try to get a pic for you so you can have a laugh!

17. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    @IREWolf
    no it's the 42" (Regza 42HL67). I didn't go with the 1080P model as it's not necessary and the HL167 actually does have some "issues." Check avsforum for all your AV needs in that department. This model actually accepts 1080P and downscales it and with playing on the PC I upped the resolution to 1920x1080 and it actually is rather readable (surprising) but you can tell it's scaled (smaller text is a little tougher)). Plus, unless you go with some massive screen 60" plus you really don't need 1080P and 720P is more than sufficient.

Plus at 1280x720 on this screen I can easily type this response to you on the couch at 6 feet away and not struggle so why bother with a higher res? :)

@raystormer
    I'm on a budget setup and I've operated all this equipment for YEARS on two outlets using two surge protectors. I even had a big 51" Sony Wega Rear Projection HDTV prior to the upgrade/downgrade (however you want to look at it) to this 42" flat panel LCD. No issues so it stays as is... :)

@briinthesky
    Even on PowerDVD it shouldn't be a problem playing fullscreen. Scaling (zooming) the image to remove the bars can be done in mediaportal and media player classic (no not windows media player) but you're chopping off sides of the picture to do so. Just keep that in mind. :cool:

18. raystormer

raystormer Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 on tx-42" westy
    ok ... if that suite's u buddy ... your just maybe one of the lucky ones... and but the way .... what u said about 1080p.......lol:cops: i did;nt agree with that here's my answer to that ...http://www.westinghousedigital.com/1080p_tour.html but i don'nt think u need to be explained that cause 1080p is the standard to be used noww anyways

19. briinthesky

briinthesky Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS RADEON 6870
    N0sferatU
    Thanks once again for your info, i'm afraid i'm new to scaling/stretching so i would like to know if i get hold of a copy of Mediaportal is it easy to set up to use pdvd and scale or is it for the more advanced user?
    Also do you know if it works with vista ?

Cheers.

20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    LMAO :heh: I almost spit my drink all over the floor...Westinghouse? Westinghouse are you f'in kidding me? Good luck with those TVs if you have a defect/problem with them (which they're 42" 1080P model is loaded with plenty of them) GOOD LUCK GETTING WARRANTY WORK DONE

I looked well into them and other models before giving up on the 1080P bug and going with a better QUALITY DISPLAY than just going "OMG it's 1080P" :heh:

FYI 1080P is NOT the standard. Go look at the ATSC protocol and check in once you have a little more knowledge ok? :)

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ISSUES/what_is_ATSC.html