Holy Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t!!!! - 56k Warning

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by David16k, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    PS2 launch "screen shots" look a lot different than the games they represented. How many screen shots do EA have on a server some where and which shots are they going to use for marketing purposes...oh wait they've already got someone marketing it for them...I'd be asking for some of that advertising dosh if I was going to hype it for them.
    Yes they have all spent a lot of money developing this stuff but ATI, Nvidia, Sony etc are already working on gear that will supercede these consoles in a couple of months or so. We all know how it works, that's why we own PC's, so we can upgrade and do things besides playing games.

2. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    There you have it you fanboys...

3. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    No it cant

These are PS3 Tech Demos.. Not real in-game demos...

Sony always lies to the public with **** like this

Especially with the misconception of the CG offline renders in FFX and FFX-2

It sure looks good (Tekken 6) but look its a fighting game and never do they have this kind of a closeup if you were "really" playing a game

Tekken games also have closeup details like this pic in their CG Offline renders even in the PS2 games

Sony said the PS2 would kill pc graphics. Had it ever even at the time the PS2 was released? It never had.

The PS3 can pull 15+ Standard 480i Resolution videos all at once? What bullcrap its not anything about the PS3's ability to take games to the next level other than saying it can render all those videos at once with that power. But that power does not mean it may all be able to go to games either eh?

4. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    I too agree, that the videos and screenshots of games shown may not represent the actual gameplay. I really don't care much about trailers, intro movie and cut scene as they a lot better than the actaul game. THis is done by many developers though.

Having said that gameplay is most important in a game, graphics are already pretty good these days. I saw in Gamertv that even though tech demo of PS3 may not be in the game MGS4 still looks superb. With cigar in his mouth and shooting the bad guys. It looks impressive nevertheless.

5. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    That screenshot might be able to be done by a PS3 or a PC. The thing is, it would be in tech demo form as you guys said, and therefore would not dedicate any CPU power to the dynamics of a game. All the physics would be already pre-programmed and therefore not represent true real world performance.

6. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Yep PS2 can play some pretty good looking cut scenes and I bet PS3 can play some pretty impressive cut scenes with all that room on their new DVD's, but they are just digital video files not actual rendered game play. They proberly use PC's to render the video's too.

Are Sony releasing Toy Story with "Toy Story like graphics" this time?

7. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

WOW Nice screens cant wait to see what it does on x360.

8. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

well, might as well forget playin UT07 on my 5200 LOL, it would pry fry it, or at least freeze and become unstable.

9. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Gawd, I hate console fanboys. Or any fanboys, for that matter.

10. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    You guys seen the new Cryengine2? its the best

Pic's Here

11. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    This forum is usually a smart bunch of people, but damn, you guys are acting RETARDED!!! You guys think that that game could not run on your 500- 600 cards? Are you retarded? Remember Doom3? All you guys were like.. omfg can it run can it run... and it turned out auwsome... same HL2, same with FEAR, same with Oblivion. Im getting sick of all the ignorance. Jesus... IT CAN RUN!!!!!! I thought you guys were smarter then this? Guys we have Agiea and Dual core. I am sure those game will take advantage of there. Now settle down, jesus christ.

12. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i feel the same, but its not just here, in pretty much every game or hardware forum those questions pop up.

13. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    guys i dont think we must be too depressed with our rigs running UT2007. u know UT2004 had great graphics, and still has, though my FX5200 had it for the fun of it. I think its like OBlivion, really graphically stunning, but with disabling one or two features, and having msome tweaks, it will be playble to any mainstream machine with a 6XXX(nvidia)-XX00(ati) card

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    well ill be playing this on a 8800gtx when they arrive so i think i should be ok

15. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Yea cuz that system is SOOOOO out of date. * rolls eyes *

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Why was this bumped from like three months ago?

ppl shouldn't be worried about running Unreal engine 3, it's coded by people who know what they're doing when it comes to optimization. In fact, the only thing I'd worry about is EA pushing into retail before the devs have had a chance to finish it all.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, but he wouldn't know, cause his a ps fanboy.... If u ask him, the best ever looking game is gt4 on ps2... lol

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, these mgs pics might be from gameplay, but they look bad even compared to today's top pc games (oblivion anyone????)... get it???

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you know what??? devs also lie... don't u just know that? They always come up with a lot of bs just to hype their games up...

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hey BlueDragonXP, check out that zoomed in madden screenshot... looks nothing like that promotional crap u believed in... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.