Holy Crap Condemned Is Most Scariest Game Ever

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GenerationGXX, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    That looks like a pretty fun game, it certainly has a "scary" factor to it. However, I hope it has more freaky scenes and creativity.... and less repetitive beating up of the generic bad guy. From the videos I've seen so far; it looks to be scarier than Doom 3 at least.

Doom 3 was a fun game, by the way, but had very little scary parts to it, after playing for a little while it's the same thing and never picks up. It had too many cheap tricks that were over used to death. You grab item then something comes out behind you, run down a hall and something comes out behind you, flip switch and a monster pops in (usually behind you), etc. very repetitive, you just got to expect it to happen and when it did there was no shock at all, period.

The Fatal Frame Series did a good job with keeping you on your toes, you expected something to happen and it wouldn't, even when you did..sometimes it still wouldn't. It felt sort of random but perfectly planned at the same time when something did happen and it gets you when it does. They had a good balance of things and really mastered the survival horror genre. It's still my favorite series to date.

Silent Hill is a sort of a psychological trip with lots of "WTH!" to it. Overall it's pretty good.

I didn't mean to turn this post into a mini review of different horror games so I'll stop for now. Anyway, Condemned shows nice potential.

I frequently play things alone in the dark and I'm hard core survival horror fan! Here's hoping it will kick ass!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  2. Jotgga91

Jotgga91 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO
  3. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
  4. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

i will be getting it with my x360 i cant wait.

5. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    that means jack...theres so many games that are known that arent announced on their official sites let alone all the details.

6. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    I hope you're right. I honestly do...