Holy carp! Revolution controller.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nm+, Sep 16, 2005.

1. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    If SSB comes out with online play, and that is the only game i will still buy this system.

2. skyln

skyln Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GTX
    Haha that actually made me laugh out loud. Whenever someone is playing racing games or doing something, you always tend to lean with your whole body and controller. Most of the time you're moving with the game. Now it might actually be helpful to lean and stuff. I think this is a great idea by nintendo. I'm not really a console guy, but I've owned the n64 and gamecube. I wouldn't mind buying another one of their products.

3. Owlsphone

Owlsphone Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 490/1150
    I've just realized that this is Nintendo's plan to get all the pasty white fat kids some exercise.

4. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Imagine this with a Jedi Academy game, cool.

5. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    impressive Nintendo*

makes me want to buy it even more....
    Its funny to see people saying bad stuff about the controller....lol
    how on earth would they even think of knowing...

Since i've never been dissapointed by nintendo controllers...
    as far as i can tell it sure seems to be able to do much more then any standard controller...

Nintendo's got the best looking Console and Controller....thats for sure....
    Im pretty sure they'll have excelllent games coming out as well...
    Since they've always had in the past....and there's no beating that....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  6. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    I can just imagine playing Zelda on that...

Picture yourself weilding the controller like a sword and owning Ganon. Amazing.

7. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Well it looks like cheap S.H.I.T with a life span measured in minutes propobly..........................

8. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Short, yet pointless.

It's funny how all of my Nintendo controllers have held up more than Sony's. Not sure about xBox controllers since I've never owned an xBox.

Anyways, I was always hoping that one day we would play a fighting game or something similar where you actually make the moves, like you actually punch and kick and stuff to make your guy do it too. If that's what happens with the sword in Zelda then I can see some really sick moves coming along, at least the move from Troy.

9. Pentium691

Pentium691 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX - Fatal1ty 8800GTS
    agreeed, at least one company is trying something new, how many games came out this year that we have already kinda played in the past? Which is fine, but I want something more and different, I can rely on Sony and Microwhatever to keep with the updated graphics and sameness. GO NINTENDO!

10. mildew

mildew Member Guru

GPU:
    Triplex 9800pro
    looks like the analouge controll is forced to be on the left hand side. (coz of the button placement)

as a right hand on mouse left hand on keyboard pc gamer, clearly the revolution is not for moi...

m

11. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Maybe you should wait for the final release to see if they make a right handed controller or something. They are still several months off from being released, not to mention that these are only preview screens and may not show everything.

12. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    DUMBEST REPLY EVER!
    When was the last time your only used one hand to play a game properly on either PC or console? Pong, possibly? THINK, before you hit that reply button.

Personally, I quite like the idea. I watched this video and I must say how cool is that. Imagine sword-fights or sports games with such a controller. To all the haters, there are two consoles out by then which will have regular controllers. If you don't like this option, don't order it. But don't bitch about how stupid it is, at least Nintendo has the guts to push the envelope.

13. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    has anyone seen a vid of someone using the controller on an actual demonstration game? i watched the whole 25min vid on gamespot and was sad i didnt get to see it in action, im really intrigued with this console now, this could make games really fun

14. Owlsphone

Owlsphone Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 490/1150
    Um, if you've played ANY other console, the analog stick is in the left hand. This is the same setup as any other controller. I don't know why people are so opposed to it. Basically you have all the same functions as other controllers, only you have more freedom of movement in each hand. Your hands are no longer bound by a solid piece of plastic. You can hold each at any angle and distance from one another you choose.

15. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I played Need for Speed Underground 2 with one hand. You got something to say now?

I'm just messin. There are games that can be played with 1 hand, at least on computer, like racing games.

16. Gnarg!

Gnarg! Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 X2 (HIS)
    Awesome controller.. But I'm still worried about the games..

Yes nintendo.. We HAVE tried Mario.. We HAVE tried zelda.. We HAVE tried Metroid etc etc..

17. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    This is.... different. :D I personally dont like it.

18. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    That's not surprising since people in general tend to fear change.

19. IcyStorm

IcyStorm Member

GPU:
    PNY Verto Geforce 7800 GT 256MB OC @ 490/1.15
    You can still use the controller shell that the Revolution will have if you prefer traditional controls.

20. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti
    Oh my, looks like Sony is a bit concern over what the big N did. Looks like they started this remote/wand/mousey thing first, but Nintento perfected it. Love it or hate it, Nintendo's new controller has gotten Sony's attention. This reminds me of when Nintendo brought out the analog controller and both Sony and Sega copied it. Wouldn't suprise me if Sony and M$ copied this idea from Nintendo again.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26688

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005