Holy carp! Revolution controller.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nm+, Sep 16, 2005.

1. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    man this in my opinion MIGHT bomb - cuz they are jumping way ahead of the game, and alot of the consumers may not wish to do this... my opinion...

But I have to say it looks INTENSE!! Go Nintendo, good to seem them go the apple route and may everything look smooth and clean.

2. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Zelda Revolution
    Star Fox Revolution
    Mario Revolution
    Metroid Revolution (Confirmed)
    Spider Man
    Need for Speed
    Fifa 2006
    Splinter Cell 4
    Tony Hawk
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
    NHL 2006
    NBA 2006
    Madden 2006
    College Hoops 2K6
    NBA Live 2006

Look like some of the games to be released on the system , and im sad to say only starfox raises any attention from me :(

3. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    sc4 raises my attention.

4. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    But that will be released on everything.

5. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    go nintendo! without them its just a graphics war

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    For those concerned abou the number of buttons
    [​IMG]

7. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
    With games becoming more and more complicated these days, you are going to need more buttons. Look at Doom 3, for the pc or xbox. Even though its gameplay was simple, it still needed alot of buttons. But I suspect Nintendo isn't going to take advantage of FPS with the Revolution, but rather the old Mario games and adventure games. The controllers Nintendo gave us have never been really good for FPS, including the N64 one. It takes awhile for a novice to get used to that. I think the best controller for FPS is the xbox controller and I was looking at Nintendo to do something like that but I guess they won't be.

The setup of the Revolution controller sucks too, because you have to move one of your fingers all the way from the D-Pad to the bottom buttons or A. They aren't that close which seems like it may complicate things for games requiring speed.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  8. apolir

apolir Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    i personaly think it was a big disapoitment..yes its simple..but i think the ps2 controler is amazing(no im not a ps2 fanboy.i actualy like pc alot more than ps2) it looks pretty uncomfortable too. but hey ill try it.

9. flyingpants

flyingpants Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8500GT 512mb psv
    WORST CONTROLLER EVER.

it's innovative, i'll give it that. but innovative things are supposed to be functional.

10. tweakboy

tweakboy Banned

GPU:
    ASUS AX800XTPE@550/1215Mhz
    Man wtf is this, I have to hold on to two things in my hand to play a game. I will take the traditional controller over this anyday. lol Ill take the old nintendo controller over this mofu hahahaah muaaaaaaaaaah

http://www.hammiestudios.com
    Free Full Album MP3 Download!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Funny who people can say worst ever if they even tried it.....
    Read the IGN review of the controler, watch the promo videos then based on them give your opinion.

12. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Nice controller, nice features. A bit odd... but nice!

I wonder why most of the time those japanese people have better ideas. It's clear they didn't focus too much on graphics or all that ckrap sony and M$ are risking their money... They focused on innovation, etc...

13. hartofalyon

hartofalyon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb
    very very unique imo.

14. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    nintendo is going to have a traditional shell for that controller. nintendo hasn't released pics of the design but ign did a mock up based on what nintendo has said the shell will be like.

[​IMG]

15. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti
    Very interesting. At first I was like wtf? Then the more I read the more it open up my eyes. I can remeber when Goldeneye ruled my world for FPS game. I then bought a computer and AvP2 for it. I hated the keyboard/mouse combo at first. When I tried it, I couldn't believe how stupid I was, at how easy it is compare to the console controller. I went back and played other FPS on the console and realize how clumsy it was. Yeah I feel the negative reviewers here are stubborn and refuse to open up their minds to the new controller, like me at one time. This is pretty much gonna either make the big N huge or go the way of Sega. If players are stubborn like I used to be and refuse to get rid of old ideas, it'll fail. If they are curious and try it and realize it's a great idea, and the games are good with it, they have suceeded. I'll see how this work out before I decide to buy it. I am one of the few people who wasn't too impress with the PS3 or 360. It was all about, oh look at the games we got and how pretty they look. Nothing really new cept they were more powerful. Alot of games suffer because of the way the controllers were design. Sooner or later the controller has to change, I have a feeling M$ and Sony are both thinking, why didn't we think of that idea? This will open a new market for other games to move into console.

16. Owlsphone

Owlsphone Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 490/1150
    After seeing that IGN commercial with how that controller works, I'm beginning to realize how ingenius it is. They said the real revolution would be in the controller and I'm realizing why now. The rumors about the player controlling by moving the controller are true. It's like those times back in the day where you used to throw the controller up in the air like it was going to help Mario jump farther over the pit. lol

17. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Nice ....... wonder how it'll be like in action .....

18. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Hmmmm.. So much to say about this. But will it come with a standard normal controller adapter out-of-the-box? If not, that poses a huge problem. Alot of games probably wont be ported over because developers will be reluctant to redisign their games for this strange setup. Ultimately this may cause alot less games for the system and put it in a niche catagory.

Probably will still get it though. Can't wait to try Metroid out with a pointer to "look" with. Sword slashing with Zelda will be cool too.

19. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I will laugh in the face of all of you who oppose this controller when I start pwning all of you in the new SSB game. It looks great and gives a lot of room to do things. It seems that many of you didn't read the article where it says that rotating the controller and such is also a movement type. It says it understands: up, down, left, right, forwards, and backwards.

Stupid narrow minded people that want to stick to a traditional controller. NINTENDO WILL PWN ALL. At least I hope so. Sony and Microsoft are almost all about graphics. Gameplay is on the side to them. They make great graphics games and just happen to make a good one on the side.

20. NeTbLasT

NeTbLasT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 64MB (OC)
    Its a nice work of art by nintendo...