hollyshiit, great Crysis2 retail performance on my 5870CF

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    uhm.. when I try to go to multiplayer I have to re-enter my cd key.. anyone else having the same problem ? game keeps forgetting it every time I get out of multiplayer or at game login start..

2. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Renaming to Bioshock or forcing its profile with RadeonPro fixes the flickering completely but only gets about 50% boost over single gpu for my setup.

Using default I found skies flickered like mad, and nano-vision was blinding. Forcing AFR and AFR-friendly profile only made the flickering worse, and I couldn't see a difference between 11.2cap4 and 11.4preview caps.

Anyone found a better solution?

You don't have activation.exe open do you? When I accidently left it open I had to enter my cd key each time.

3. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    nope, it seems a lot of people are having this issue, as well as not being able to play multiplayer because it says the key is in use..

check official forums madness -_-

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I won't be playing it until they bring out the Directx 11 version. If this were the first game to come out in the series, the Directx 9 only issue and that it looks like a console port wouldn't be so much of an issue (although would still be disappointing). The problem with Crysis 2 is that it needs to take one step forward from Crysis, not one step back.

Another recent game that took a big step back was Mafia II. The original game is now almost 10 years old, but there are some very key points about the game which put it above other games. The later console version of the game apparently sucked, not that I saw it but it doesn't surprise me.

The original game had some countryside missions which were fun, had a freeride mode which was great! (people just tore around the city or go for a drive in the country)!, had freeride extreme which added some ramps etc to the game, and also gave you silly missions which added extra gameplay once the game was finished. The graphics at the time were far superior to GTA 3, and the handling of the cars was reasonably realistic (by design).

Now, asides from the gameplay, there was another feature about the game which I haven't seen done well in many games, and that is the ability to alt-tab back to Windows and the game goes in to a full sleep mode, it even comes up with Z's after the game name in the taskbar!

So, at the end of the day Crysis 2 is just a big disappointed. I just wish thickheaded executives start doing the more realistic approach to game development. Instead of making the game for Xbox/PS3, and porting it to Windows, why not make the game for Windows and back port it to the consoles? That would give a big advantage to PC gamers, and to get the speed on a console you can cull the textures and graphical elements until it performs well.

EDIT: sorry for the gripe, I'm just disappointed PC gamers are left out again. The next gen consoles aren't expected for a couple of years, Sony and Microsoft lose money when they first come out to keep the cost to the end consumer down. Why would they want to lose money when they can just keep cashing in on games with their current platforms?

I heard people claim consoles are the best thing that has happened to the gaming community, I believe the exact opposite - they stifle development and the real losers are the gamers, who are stuck with outdated gaming, brings the PC down with them.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011

5. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Anyone with a pair of HD6950's or HD6970's tried the game?

Is CF working properly on the 6900 series cards?

The DEMO did run great for me after the latest CAP from March 16th released, so I hope the final game runs as good :)

6. GrandMax

GrandMax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    No. Flickers heavily. Disabling Xfire works.

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    There is flickering but the graphics are amazing. Nothing beats it.

8. GrandMax

GrandMax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    Disagree. No AA is pointless. Nothing looks good with no AA.

9. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    There's some kind of AA at work, it's a terrible AA but there's something I can see.

10. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    I get incredible amounts of flickering, and one of my GPUs stayed at 99 percent after I quite the game. I never had that problem before. Using 11.4 preview, no CAPs.

11. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Temporary fix for flickering is to use bioshock crossfire profile in RadeonPro, and the 99% GPU is probably that odd bug with ATI drivers lately and not the game. Can fix that temporarily by disabling and enabling crossfire with the CCC.

12. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    Yeah, I figured it was just that ATI driver glitch that's been floating around lately.

I also saw in the MyCrysis forums that renaming the .exe to rift.exe will fix the flickering, too.

Edit: Yup, just changed the .exe to rift.exe and the flickering has disappeared completely. (I'm using the DVD version of the game, not Steam or anything like that.)

13. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I aint paying 60 bucks for this game, game is only worth 29.99, just like the rest of them. So i will just wait

14. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    I got it from here:

http://cdkeyshere.com/crysis-2-cd-key.html

even cheaper in euros for me :)

15. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    I still get some small flickering even when renaming exe to bioshock.exe

Performance with radeonpro trick is solid though.

16. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Renaming it to bioshock.exe and using bioshock profile with RadeonPro don't do the same thing? I know I used the RadeonPro method and it worked fine.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Well I simply can not wait to play this game!

Finally we get a Crysis game that is actually worth playing, or can be played!

There is always going to be those idiots who complain about it being more for the consoles, but I bet these were the same people who complained about not being about to run Crysis 1 when it came out. You cant have it all roads. At least it looks great, and plays great this time too.

The game seems to be getting extremely good reviews, and I was extremely happy to here that the single player is 10 - 12 hours long :D At least I wont feel like my wallet got raped like it did with Homefront the other week :( 4 hour campaign, ****ty storyline, and boring multiplayer... PASS!

Bring on Crysis 2, friday can not come soon enough :banana:

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Wouldn't you much prefer to utilise your GTX480OC, i7 920@4.0Ghz, and 6gb of RAM and have a absolutely stunning game rather than a Directx9 game that runs just as well on 5 year old hardware?!

19. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    this game is seriously awesome, runs great looks great and is actually fun. First crysis was like a playable benchmark, was rather boring. Plus the mp sucked big time on crysis 1. This one is a blast for sure.

20. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    Where exactly do you choose that? Force CrossfireX Profile?

Cause if i do, i´d removing afr-friendly d3d.

If you post a screenshots i´d appreciate it.