Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Lloyd_Braun, Nov 12, 2021.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Bought this game today hope harry porter is in good spirts on release.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Music sounds like from a Star Wars movie, lol..

Are/Were Harry Potter and Star Wars always this similiar? I didnt really watch the movies nor can i remember beeing it that close to the same.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The score for both was done by the great John Williams. He's also scored the Jurassic Park films, Jaws, The Indiana Jones movies and the list goes on All Films Composed by John Williams - IMDb

tunejunky likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    He s a brilliant composer

tunejunky and Repo Man like this.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Ah okay, i didnt know he also scored Harry Potter :D But yeah, im very familiar with Williams (thats why directly thought of Star Wars music and him). :D

Repo Man likes this.
  6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Think there will be game ready drivers for this title (nvidia) ? And any info on when it can be pre-loaded on steam?

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have this pre-ordered for my PC (Digital Deluxe version from Green Man Gaming for 7th February so I can play it three days early... and, yes, I agree that is a bit sad!) and the standard version for PS5, which releases on 10th February. I am massively excited for this game so I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

I couldn't decide whether to go for console or PC so opted for both. The console version is usually a safe bet but PC releases can be hugely variable in terms of quality, i.e. #ShutterStruggle from shader compilation, stuttering from asset streaming during traversal and numerous other graphical bugs and optimisation issues like the recent Forspoken and The Callisto Protocol have. It really is a bit like playing Russian Roulette when you buy a PC game these days and, unluckily for us, we don't usually find out how they run until the day of release as publishers usually prioritise sending out console code for reviews rather than PC.

My PS5 copy is pre-ordered from Amazon so it looks like I will have chance to cancel that if it doesn't review well. I hope I do not have to though as it is my most anticipated game of 2023 and I've been eagerly awaiting its release since I saw the trailer with the PS5 unveiling back in 2020. It feels like this has been a long, long time coming.

9. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Where has the gaming scene gone when we need DLSS 3.0 to run a game properly?
    Especially when it's gatekeeped with rtx 4000 series. I want the times back when I didn't need FSR, DLSS or whatever to run a game maxed at 60 fps..and I'm not talking 4k maxed. Nowadays, it seems to be a challenge to run a game on WQHD maxed without any upscaling tech.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i agree.... those days are long gone

chispy likes this.

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

If you are worried about performance why pre order the deluxe?

Or if you must, just do it on steam so you can at least refund it if it runs poorly.

Jesus, this is why games run like crap because they know people will buy it anyway.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I saw it with a big discount on GGG and had an extra 2% off from an email bringing it down to just around £48 for the most complete… well until they add more DLC… package so it was either preorder it there and then or wait and buy it possibly at a higher price later. I actually forgot I’d preordered the game from Amazon for PS5 (£10 off) as well until after I’d ordered the PC version. Chances are I will keep both preorders. I’m confident this is going to be a great game…

… I hope!

Party Poison and eGGroLLiO like this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    If anyone is curious about how much space you’ll need.

Xbox Series X/S – 76.67GB (preload available)
    PC – 85GB (Not available for preload)
    PS5 – 79.5GB (preload available)

tunejunky likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

chispy and Carfax like this.
  15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Too bad I'm not a Harry Potter fan, though I did read the books many years ago along with some of my children. Though I suppose a good game is a good game regardless of setting. If the game is received well by critics and players, I may pick it up later this year.

16. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Pre-ordered deluxe myself...Although I'm a bit worried as Darren mentions above- PC gaming lately has been less desirable with the frame stutter crap on so many game releases lately. And I haven't seen a single gameplay video of Hogwarts yet running on PC (unless I'm wrong here), it's always console/PS5 gameplay so far. So that to me is a bit worrisome with the game releasing next week :(

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    So why did you preorder, knowing all the latest PC titles have been plagued by any sort of performance issue, specially UE4 ones? I know there's not much to be played on the market and you want to finally use your 4090 in some way, but we all know how it's gonna end. I mean, the mantra is wait at least 6 months after release and then eventually buy it. :D

Having a top rig and still having troubles would be quite frustrating for me.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had resisted watching too many spoiler videos so far apart from the initial developer walkthrough (which had a guest oohing and ahhing in a very cringeworthy way like he'd never seen or played a videogame before!) but I caved in this morning and watched some early footage from the PS5 version from MKIceAndFice on YouTube (where else!!!).

I have to say that based on what I saw that the game is certainly looking very, very good in terms of visuals and performance and the gameplay looked enjoyable too, especially the magical combat (kind of like Forspoken but less frantic and more visually appealing). The developers have clearly lavished a lot of attention to getting Hogwarts looking just right and the amount of detail and how alive it looks is certainly impressive. The cutscenes also looked mostly good, especially the action heavy main ones, but the incidental dialogue scenes between the player and NPC in this demo featured animation that looked a little stiff but not to the point of ruining the game or anything. It is certainly no worst than most other games such as Forspoken or Mass Effect, etc. There seems to be a lot of incidental stuff to see and do as well and the draw distance looks good on foot and only shows noticeable pop in when on the broomstick.

Really looking forward to this. I just hope this is a good PC version!

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I guess because we're human and we enjoy the excitement of looking forward to playing an eagerly awaited game we have pre-ordered and cannot wait six months before we buy it. By then everyone else will have played it and there will be spoilers galore. Also, PC gaming cannot be that cursed that EVERY single Unreal Engine 4 games will be released with stuttering, surely? I mean that would be the metaphorical kiss of death for PC gaming given how popular and wildy used the engine is. In my experience, there are still plenty of well-optimised UE4 games such as Kena: Bridge of Spirits, High on Life, Asterigos and the awesomely cool and stunning looking Hi-Fi Rush that run on DX12 without stuttering so, fingers crossed, this is another one of those games.

20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Fair enough, it does look really good. Just needs to run well too, Usually I buy things on steam, copy the files out when its unpacked and see how it performs on the 2 hour refund window.
    Then refund and if it runs well grab it from cdkeys etc