HoA's Who live in one?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by tsunami231, Mar 8, 2021.

?

Live in HoA?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So who live in HoA ? and what are you thoughts on them? do like them hate them? Find that they dont Enforce there own rules and regulations?

In my experience they SUCK about year 2 ago we got 3 new home owner/rents across the street, since then nothing but car parks on street on curb and in front/side of house and on our curb.

HoA has rules the strictly say Parking in ONLY FRONT of your home on driveway or garage no parking on sidewalk/Curb But all 3 of house are parking cars infront/side and on my curb it most from 1 house though. And the house directly across the street has 5-8 cars daily and night 1/2cars on my property/curb in front/side my house . Complain multiple times to HOA, They refereed me to DoT/Code Enforcement and town. to have them resolve it cause streets are "public" and all three of them refer right back to HOA tell me it "private" and HOA need to deal. along with getting NO PARKING signs put up.

I have since forward all these emails and info I got from phone call right back HOA. which they are now claiming they forward all this to board Didnt like HOA prior to those 3 house owner/rents moving in and now I hate them even more

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    What's HoA

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    No I don't and hopefully never have to.
    I look at it as having the downsides of both renting and owning without having the upsides of either.

Used to rent and now have a house of my own (and wife's) since 2013.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Same here, no more rent. Owning a house implies more obligations/expenses but it's well worth it.

6. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    It's very common here, condominiums with multiple dwellings. monthly fees to cover housekeeping, water and electricity. Governed by board elected from the shareholders. Everybody should take part to keep care of the house and surroundings - that's what doesn't work always...

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Total scam, with the added benefit of having lots of people all trying to build an ivory tower to have a tiniest amount of power over other people, by using the word 'community' a lot, and, carrying clipboards.

I'll deal with my own problems thank you, and my taxes will deal with any emergency just fine.

Coolerking, tsunami231 and AsiJu like this.