1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm XBOX slim worth it?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Jae-So, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    So I gave my older bro my old 360 cos I didn't use it much (and it sounded like an aircraft taking off). I have a PS3 slim and PC for most of my gaming and while my PS3 is good for console gaming I'm not a big fan of the controller.

I had a look at a 360 slim today and realised that the only exclusive game I'm interested in playing is Forza 4 (played all Halos and don't like GOW). So I guess the question is... is it worth me getting the 360 with new consoles out in less than 2 years (my guess).

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    In my opinion (avid Forza 1, 2, 3 and 4 player) it is absolutely worth it. I know how lots of people here say that it would be better on PC. We know that, but it's only out on 360, so get one and enjoy it for the next 2 years or more.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    forza 4 so much fun rivals mode best thing ever. kinda forgot whole season mode thing cause of it. :) i think it's worth it

4. Drag-On

Drag-On New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6990 + 6970
    Why not try Forza 4 at a friends house? If you like it you can run to the store and get yourself a slim. :)

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I have tried it, I really like it, I'm not just sure I wanna spend £250 for one game

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    why do you need a slim, why not a second hand last model before the slim, the Japser model with the 150w psu, those ones were reliable as well, or even just a second hand slim

Even still, £250 is an insane amount to spend on an xbox, you can get a slim 250gb for £140, and forza 4 for £20.

link

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Only want the slim version and I'm not a fan of 2nd hand, if I could get them new at close to those prices then we are talking. Still new console for one game? Something I gotta mull over lol

8. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Only you can decide ultimately, however, I wouldn't since they are so expensive, relatively at least, and new consoles are on the way anyway.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Buy from a trusted seller and what's the difference?

10. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Something to think about for sure, hmm I guess I'll get it at half the cost, elite's are silly cheap too hmmm want a slim tho lol :puke2:

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Not worth it imo. And you will spend more than that, dont forget you need to pay to play online once a year a least (cheapest).

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    if you're going to get a non slim, contact the seller and make sure it's a model with a 150w psu, less chance of failure

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Yeh I think I'd likely get the slim one, hmm new 360s are £170, so 2nd hand at £130 would be a waste

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  14. Desi26

Desi26 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC
    I just traded my 120gb PS3 slim that was 3 years old (That I never use) for a 250GB 360 slim new in box, and couldnt be happier. Forza is one of the reasons I wanted the xbox more also. I like it much more than Gran Turismo 5. Also, all shooters ive tried just run and play better on a xbox.

You can however pick up wireless controllers that are very close to a 360 controller for the PS3.

Not sure if 1 game is worth the $250 console, but if your into media, xbox had a TON of apps that will keep you busy

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Yeh OCUK sell a controller shaped like the 360, one, tbh, the main reason for buying one would be for Forza 4, I'm thinking of just waiting and spending on the next gen, may be money better spent, even if they cost £300+ at launch

Last edited: May 2, 2012

16. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I sold my PS3 for a 360 because I wanted to play games with my friends, and prefer the controller but honestly I have a little bit of regret. While playing games with the 360 controller is SO much better, the 360 in my opinion doesnt have enough worthwhile exclusives when compared to PS3. When I had the PS3 I'd say 90% of my games were exclusives, while now with a 360 only a couple are (Gears of War 1 +2 and Halo 3)

Save your money, it's a nice console with a nice GUI and presentation but that's all it has over the PS3 IMO

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Xbox anything isn't worth it right now. PS3 yes. Blu-ray support and free internet. PS Plus isn't required.

No point in paying for service when you can get free with PS3.

I traded my 360 and games in, haven't missed it at all. I only kept it for DOA4. DOA5 is going to be on PS3 this time so...I'm all set there.

Also after using both, I recommend everyone to make the switch over to PS3. Why? Honestly...

Sharper UI, Way more organized, very easy to configure.
    Games look MUCH sharper/cleaner on the PS3 with a good HDTV, especially an LED or Plasma.

I miss Halo Reach, but then I remembered how playing online FPS could dip into the teens...so yeah.

All my personal preference of course, but I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

IMO too, if you didn't play the box much, you aren't missing anything. Keep gaming as you are now, and save for the new consoles.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I only hung onto the 360 because i have a plethora of XBL arcade games on it, but apart rom that i dont buy anything for it at all.......same goes for the PS3 although i do still buy the occasonal PS3 exclusive, but only when they are on sale.

19. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    slim to me brings *heat problems* to my memory .........
    maybe not the case, but have been so many times with slim versions of consoles

20. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I say get one if it makes you happy. We can only advise you so far and then it's up to you. I had a slim from day of release in the UK and never had a single issue with it, I sold it as I wanted to come back to PC gaming :)

I wouldn't wait for the next gen as I'm sure some retailers will offer a trade in deal. My mate got the GOW3 console by trading in his slim, only cost £90.