Hitman Beta performance and thoughts

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, Feb 20, 2016.

1. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, im not sure where that came from.

lol

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Dat 7870=680 WTF.

3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    just a heads up fiji and tonga are not buggy.. direct flip is. It is frame locking them ergo vsync cant be turned off.. amd needs to bring a hotfix fast

4. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Nope, only 1 fps won from dx12 and the avg fps remained the same. Which means it doesn't.

It came from the graph.

Where do you see 7870 = 680?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The 390X only gains 3FPS average. I think it just means the game is mostly GPU bound and the lower overhead isn't benefitting much. It doesn't mean other games won't though.

6. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    R9 390 gains 7 fps on the min and 6 on avg. R9 390x wasn't benched on dx11. Don't know where you get the 3fps from.

Sure maybe for this game tahiti isn't benefiting from the new api, but that is why we are on this thread talking about this game exclusively.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Just saying :) I must be going blind.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I think it might be your wording.

Tahiti does not benefit from optimizations in this driver

instead of

Tahiti doesnt benefit from DX12.

the second statement is wildly incorrect.

9. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I don't think the driver is the one to blame. I am talking about tahiti not benefiting from dx12 in this game. Nothing wrong with my wording if you are following the context and the title of this thread. And also if you looked at the numbers from the dx11 and dx12. I meant what i said.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I confused the threads, I have no idea for what I replied, but it apparently had the 7870 equal a 680. I believe it was The Division :p

I believe that the game saturates Tahiti as a GPU, so it doesn't really benefit. On the other hand I'm hearing that it has general optimization problems.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  12. BoMbY

BoMbY Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X
    Yes, and they still have a bug with Fiji/Tonga, which are running with a 60 FPS cap only, even on 144Hz displays. It works well with Hawaii for example, and they are in contact with AMD about this. Also Robert Hallock from AMD should probably know, because he commented on a Reddit thread about this.

13. SimBy

SimBy Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290
    Hawaii is doing awesome, which cannot be said for Fiji. Also the 10% difference between 290 and 390 is intriguing. Maybe held back by 4GB?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  14. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    No that one looks weird. The r9 290 scores similar in both dx11 and dx12. I don't think it is the extra vram, but more likely some sort of BS on amd's part. The 200 extra mhz on the memory wouldn't play a part either. I feel like it has do with the driver itself being more focused on the r9 300 series of cards. Something is fishy.

Look under dx11 the r9 290 and 390 are within 1-2 fps of each other across all resolutions but 4k (here 4gb is then the reason why) which is reasonable due to the higher memory clock. But in dx12 it just screams ahead.

15. SimBy

SimBy Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290
    If you check DX11 vs DX12 all 4GB cards barely gain any FPS. Fury being exception.

And then theres Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce OC/2G and Asus R9 270X DC2 TOP/2G where DX12 performance plummets!

16. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Well in that case, screw it, i am gonna go for an rma due to fan ratteling and hope to get an r9 390 because the 200 series ist outsold.

17. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
  18. BoMbY

BoMbY Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X
    German Computerbase found a workaround for Fiji/Tonga, and they have some new Benchmarks. Poor NVidia ...

Edit: Ohh, someone already posted that? I must be blind today ... sorry.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Anyone remember TR2013 and Hitman Absolution?

Both were Amd optimized, few months later they started to lag behind nv a lot. Just saying.

20. Mere

Mere Member Guru

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    NVidia fixed TR2013 performance pretty quickly..I remember that.. I had a titan back then ;) ..

Count how many GE titles had major problems with NVIDIA and count how many gimpworks titles had\still have problems when running on AMD.. yeah...actually not only on amd but on keplers....I'm pretty sure NV is gonna kill off maxwell the same way after pascal gets released.. Huang wants ur money :D

And if we take into consideration

nvidias hair vs tressfx 3.0(purehair)..

closed source vs open course...oh boy...

Nvidia has always played dirty... that's why I'm still a bit concerned for AMD even with all these dx12\async compute "wonders"..

Gimpworks+ tons of money. and publishers\developers just looove money... it's hard to lose lol