Hitman Beta performance and thoughts

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Take a look at it this way. Your current system probably cant even run this game or maybe lowest settings 720p. A simple 150€ 280X + 150€ i5 6400 would run it 30fps+ on mostly highest settings 1080p.

Thats a huge difference and its not like you are spending a fortune.

2. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Game has been announced as dx12, made with dx12 in mind but beta is running at just dx11. If i would be person who pre-ordered game i would cancel pre-order within seconds as they plain lied to customers.

3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    No, if it was DX11 API Overhead from AMD, the GPU Usage wouldn't stay at 100%.

The FPS drop looking to mirrors happens on my desktop with my HD 7850 as well as with my GT 740M from my laptop.

Its not AMDs fault.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You are right on this, if your GPU usage is maxed there is no DX11 bottleneck.You didn't see the "so i guess" part i wrote in my previous post, i didn't play this beta because i'm not going to pay for a beta game (are we crazy?) or pre-order a game without CFX support.

The game is due to release on March 11 and the beta we could try now is still a DX11 game, i seriously doubt to see this game released in less than 3 weeks as a DX12 game.

:3eyes:

I don't suggest that in fact i think this time AMD is doing their best effort in direct relation to game dev to deliver a game with the best possible performance for AMD GPU.

I hope this time AMD will not need 3 months to add CFX support.
    :)

We already see this strange DX12 games slowdown; ARK was supposed to be DX12 since many months.

Tin foil mode on

It seems that "somebody" has interest in delay DX12 games and it's not AMD...

Tin foil mode off

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Is there reflection settings?

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    From what i've saw in game options there is no reflection settings.

Btw, what up with that mirrors fps drops? Someone should email the devoloper to fix that crap, lol.

7. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I remember Absolution never had "clear" mirror, they were always muddy and blurred, and I was wondering why. I think I know the answer now :)

8. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I don't know much about mirrors are done in modern times, but the "classic" solution to get a real, working mirror is to actually mirror the entire scene and render it once again and display it through the "window" which obviously comes at a huge performance hit.

Still, I imagine there could be smarter ways of going about it nowadays, but I don't have the knowledge to comment.

9. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    another game vr ready, good luck with that tecnology.

10. ObscureangelPT

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Haa i don't run CFX, so that doesn't interest me, in fact, i think people that continues to insist in running CFX are crazy and damn massoquist, it only gives headaches and worries, so why waste money on a GPU where many games don't work/work properly, but thats my opinion, everyone will have one, thats why we are all different :)

About paying for a beta, i'm actually more smarter than you think :D
    I buyed it and ask for refund after i played it.
    I even had time to make a video :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJyo5Q5_9A

And there is no mirror reflection option, i bet there are other ways to reflect the mirrors without dropping frames from 30's to 20's.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No masochist here, i'm upset about the null CFX customer support from AMD. I bought 2 GPU knowing the risks to deal with CFX custom settings but 295X2 owners must be on fire.

Maybe you don't know that but there was a time before Crimson when CFX worked well even very well.

:(

Sometimes i don't agree with your opinions but i never doubted about your intelligence, in fact i think you are very clever.

I guess you really want to test the beta even with a watch stop on hand.

Personally i don't like speedruns or in this case "speedbenchs".

:D

12. ObscureangelPT

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I wanted to benchmark only.
    My channel is very unpopular, but still i love to do it, so i try to find any means to benchmark all the games without wasting a coin :p

1h:50 minutes was enough to know where the problems came from :) on both PCs.

Still i think the game is much more demading than it should be, and i would love to know why.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Optimization or its lack adds "great performance" to this game.

Lately almost all multi games and even PC only (XCOM 2) ask for uber PC setups and they use to be released at beta stage.PC gamers must wait for several patches (and one or more months) to fix the most offending bugs and performance problems.

The episodic nature of the new Hitman (and last?) will only increase the perception of a game delivered literally in pieces (base included).

:3eyes:

14. ObscureangelPT

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well i can still remind of Resident Evil Revelations 2 where the framerate was all over the place, only after the third episode the game was patched and fixed the framerate.

After that 60fps silky smooth XD

15. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Screw that game, the prison area was dropping to 40fps on my system, and it had always some kind of white/yellow border on the screen, no matter what settings or resolution i used. And it took ages till they fixed the fps issue. I lost interest by that time and never bothered to finish. No local coop, or coop for that matter on pc as i recall. They said they will add it later, but i never bothered to look it up again. It would have been much more fun, if you had one to be the girl holding the flashlight or throwing the bricks. Would have been an excellent trolling experience. :bang:

16. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
  18. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Tahiti don't benefit from dx12. :(

And tonga and fiji are buggy under dx12 with alot of stuttering, only stable ones are the r9 390 and r9 390x. They havn't tested an r9 290 so i can't assume anything. The gpus might be the same but you never what amd is doing to push the r9 390 cards sale.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What do you mean Tahiti doesn't benefit? Course it does :D

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Can't wait to play this.