Hitman Absolution Bugs

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Russ369, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Man this game is buggy as hell! I kept getting the DXGI_blahblahblah crash, so I found out it was overclock related, turned my OC off...

Then I randomly get freezes and crashes... Anyone else getting the same things?

Im using the latest nvidia beta's (310.61) or whatever, still buggy! :bang:

2. qneb

qneb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690
    Dont use 310.61. Its worse than WHQL drivers.

3. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    What are the best drivers then?

4. qneb

qneb Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690
    Well for me its: : Nvidia GeForce 306.97 WHQL

5. dainese46

dainese46 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti OC Wind
    It´s not driver related...

I have the same drivers, and my PC is also overclocked to the maximum...

No problem running the game...As a matter of fact...If I "turn off" the OC the game runs significantly slower than with the OC on .

Are you having problems with any other game? Are all of your program that you use up-to-date? Did you update DirectX ?

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I've had one DXGI error thing, same drivers. I don't think there's anything to do other than to wait for a patch.

7. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    I finished the game a few times and never encountered an error or crash or a real game bug, and my system is overclocked. Make sure your system is fully stable.

Using 310.61 drivers btw.

Getting an average of 75 fps on the benchmark with no MSAA, I don't want to imagine how it would run without OC.

8. angmar

angmar Guest

unstable overclock on your cpu maybe.....I have over 10 hours on the game and have had not one crash.

edit:using 310.61

9. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I finished the game with the 5770 1gb and zero crashes, maybe it's because this is an AMD game and they make on porpose to fail on Nvidia. :)

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Umm .. 310.61 are fine for this game, personally i have no probs and game runs fine.
    Perhaps try setting maximum performance in nvidia control panel power managment mode.

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I havent had crashes but have had some odd stutters and quite a few fps dips.

e.g game is running fine then i enter instinct mode and it fps shoot down to 10 or so...i then after reloading can do the same bit with no trouble.

have tweaked my settings so am not running maxed out.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    uhm, no? A lot of people have directx Errors, and only solving with 310.61, me too. I couldnt play that game for a few minutes then it'd crash, upgrade to 310.61 only helping..

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had a DXGI error with this game - something about my cards being removed or something (!?!?) - when I first played it on maxed out settings at 1920x1200 with 8xMSAA and FXAA.

I suspect the crash was caused by excessive VRAM usage as I noticed it was hitting 2 GB and in certain parts of the game it was actually hitching (freezing for a split second). Dropping down to 4xMSAA reduced them and I never saw the crash again but the VRAM was still hitting 1.7 GB with a rare hitches when going through doors into new areas. I've now dropped down to 2xMSAA with FXAA which peaks at 1.5 GB VRAM usage.

I'm wondering if some of the crashes people are experiencing is a result of their graphics cards running out of VRAM? With DX9, 4x and 8xMSAA have a relatively moderate hit on performance and VRAM usage on my systems but with DX11 it is totally difference - 4xMSAA causes a massive performance hit and uses far more VRAM (plus looks inferior in terms of anti-aliasing to the DX9 equivalent too).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  14. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    no problems here either, not a single crash in Hitman Absolution. OP update DX from the one in the game directory, drop your overclocks...

15. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I cant even get the game to start, always the DXGI problem as OP mentioned!? But im not suprised, all hitman games have been very buggy, atleast ouf of the box, but they do mostly patch those issues, but this game is very buggy indeed.

16. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Maybe uninstall the game and reinstall it? I'm using the latest WHQL drivers and haven't had a single issue

17. Mosc_007

Mosc_007 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680 x2 SLI 4 GB
    I was also having full system crashes.

It was the Video driver crashing. I had to under clock my SLI'd 680's to 1006 Mhz Boost mode and it never crashed again. With 4GB Video cards and 4Ghz CPU it runs like a dream. Lowest FPS was 50 and that was CPU limited in only one scene. not the GPU's. The Benchmark never dropped below 60.

This is not an uncommon problem. I knew the GTX 570/580 had to be under clocked to be stable. But looks like the GTX 680 is the same. The real problem is the default Vcore is too low. Nvidia apparently did this to limit the Temperature. You can either Under Clock or Increase the Vcore to fix it. Their is much information on this problem on the net. Many new releases cause the GPU to Crash if not 100% stable during gaming. For some reason a Stress test doesn't simulate gaming accurately.

Strange thing even if I over clock my 680's to 1200 Mhz they are both Rock Solid in a Stress test. But put them in GPU intensive games and they crash.

For those getting pausing. That is because you don't have enough Vram. The game is swapping textures in and out of Vram to often.

With Ultra settings and MSAA 2x at 1920x1080 this game frequently uses more than 2GB of Vram.

I have 4GB cards and in one mission it hit 2.8 GB of Vram in use. Quite often hitting 2.2 GB.

Reading the Net most people said don't bother with 4GB cards because games don't use more than 2GB. Well, Lucky I didn't listen to them because this game uses up to 2.8 GB and that's only with MSAA at 2x.

This is about one of the best games I have played. As for Bugs. I didn't see any. But you do need a Monster to run it well.

Charles

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  18. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Dude, I hate to say it but you have other issues. Power Supply maybe?

I've run GTX 480, GTX 580 and GTX 680 all overclocked to the max and never had problems with crashing that weren't overclocking related. Once dialed in though I never had further crashes. If you've had issues with your last few GPUs you have something else causing the problems. None of these cards ever had to be underclocked. And I work with no less than 6 other people running GTX 570, 580 and 670's that also never have issues with crashing.

You have some bad information and likely a bad piece of hardware at the root of your problems. Coming here and blaming Nvidia cause you are too lazy to properly diagnose and fix it is complete BS. Its not Nvidia's fault that your PC has been regularly crashing with multiple GPUs of theirs installed... thats just coincidence. I'm guessing you'd have the same issues with AMD gpus in there too.

Also as far as Hitman absolution goes... I'm about 80% done and haven't had a single crash with that game either. Sigh, the game isn't buggy at all.

I understand now why people leave and go play on consoles, they just aren't able to maintain and properly diagnose PC issues. Instead they overclock to the max, get tired of overclocking related crashes while blaming Nvidia or AMD then go and join the cellar dweller community of 360 couch gamers.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012