Hitachi 57 HDTV I bought Pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by akaotikpnoy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. akaotikpnoy

akaotikpnoy Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY VERTO 6800 ULTRA Drivers:67.03
    Hitachi 57 HDTV Pictures

Hey guys, I just took home a 57" Hitachi UltraVision HDTV model 57S715 along with a Sony DVP-NS975V high definition dvd player. The cost of the television was $2399 on sale for $1999 but haggled the priced down to $1900 free shipping. The dvd player was $300 and $100 for the Monster Cable HDMI cable. All in all i spent $2700. Here's a link of some pix:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/295478019oYAptb

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  2. mantra_sone

mantra_sone Cambodian

GPU:
    The virtue that possession
    Love it, great color scheme you have going too.

3. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Very nice, looks like you knew pretty much what you were doing. See you have JBL speakers, nice Sony DVD Player with a Pioneer reciever, can't tell the model though. Looks all-in-all like a decent priced HT system.

Well anyways, since you posted up your HT figure i'll do mine cuz i'm bored as heck:

www.angelfire.com/nj4/tvpics/index.html

Enjoy.

4. akaotikpnoy

akaotikpnoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the positive remarks guys. Hey Jw_Leonhart, nice setup too. Love the Audio/Video Racks next to the television.

**** Posted more pix ****

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005

5. Derelict

Derelict New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 6800 GT
    WoW, that is sweet...

6. r3g

r3g Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270x
    lucky bastard!!! (kidding) =)

7. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Nice. My parents have a Toshiba 46'' HDTV. 57'' was a tad too big. What kind of picture is it? Rear projection or DLP?

8. akaotikpnoy

akaotikpnoy Master Guru

GPU:
    Rear projection... DLP's are still a bit expensive but look pretty d@yam good.

9. six

six Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I read rear-projctn aren't good for gaming, how's that working for you? I'm shopping right now and the cost per screen size is very tempting for rear projection compared to the outrageous cost of lcd and plasma.
    But my TV is 90% for gaming.

10. akaotikpnoy

akaotikpnoy Master Guru

GPU:
    On the LCD and Plasma's I read somewhere that the bulbs burnout faster and produce burn-ins from video games more likely. As long as your not placing the rear projection screen directly in front of a window, you whould be fine. It's kinda like the glare of your car's dashboard on your window when your driving. You won't notice it unless your looking for the glare and not concentrating on your driving.

11. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    That used to be true. I can't use my old Sega Genesis on the big screen. My N64 works fine on it. I suppose all others do too.

Only Plasma. You can get a plasma burn in the screen if a still image is displayed too long. Something like a network logo or a paused game can burn an image into the screen. That's why they aren't that great. DLP is superior and it's cheaper than plasma too..