HIS Radeon 5770HD Problem.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by King_Kedar, Apr 8, 2019.

1. King_Kedar

King_Kedar New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5770HD 1GB
    Hello,I bought an used 5770HD for a replace of my old 4550HD.

The problem is that sometimes it runs smooth, but suddenly it lags the crap out of my computer, and the only temporary fix until next system shutdown is to disable all ATI/AMD related programs in task manager, such as cnet.exe etc. sometimes the temps. reach even 99 degrees celsius on games like The Sims 3; ETS2; GTAIV.

But I never had problems with temps in games like CS:GO; The Sims 4; Fallout NV; Shogun 2; Hitman Absolution. The temperature on desktop is 45-50 degrees. And I'm running the fan always on 100% because of it.

I'm using the Crimson 16.2.1 version of the driver.
    Did any of you met this kind of problem?

Sincerely King_Kedar.

Full PC Spec:
    Win 7 SP1 x86
    HIS Radeon 5770HD 1GB
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.0GHz
    3GB RAM DDR2
    Hitachi 320GB HDD

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Take out the card and clean the cooler and reaply the thermal paste, temp will drop by 20c.

3. King_Kedar

King_Kedar New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5770HD 1GB
    I've already cleaned the cooler, now I'm waiting for the thermal paste since only one shop in my city has one in stock but it's the worst one. But even if not the temp, I'm confused why it lags out while Catalyst is on.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It should not be the case. Catalyst should not be culprit. Maybe simple card is overheating therefore you get lags. Wait for the paste and let us know if it helped.

King_Kedar likes this.

5. King_Kedar

King_Kedar New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5770HD 1GB
    I will let you know when I change it. But it can lag even on desktop without any proces in the background except system stuff and glasswire. It's really annoying. I will try to uninstall the drivers, clean the system with DDU, install them again and I will let you know if the lag problem is solved or not, because I think this is the only thing to do now while waiting for TP.
    Sincerely King_Kedar.

Undying likes this.
  6. King_Kedar

King_Kedar New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5770HD 1GB
    *Software Update*
    Uninstalled and cleaned system from any leftovers of those drivers and installed a better, stable version (The previous one was a beta) and I don't have any lags anymore.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Thats good but still those 99c you reported sounds concerning. Better to reaplay tm anyway.

King_Kedar likes this.
  8. King_Kedar

King_Kedar New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5770HD 1GB
    *Update*
    Hello, I'm back again. Thanks to my friends I was able to fix the overheating problem. They brought to me some new thermal pads and a good thermal paste. Without they help I wouldn't be able to disassemble this piece of crap... It was very dusty, especially on the radiator and on the fan. The paste wasn't crunchy which was a big shock for us, because propably noone touched this card in 10 years.

The temps for now are very good. We changed it like 30 mins ago, so still the paste has time to get used to the card.

Before changing Thermal Paste and Thermal pads
    CS:GO (Low, 1440x900) (40-80fps) - 50%(GPU usage) - 80C
    Grid 2 (High, 1440x900) (50-60fps) - 80-100%(GPU usage) - 106C

After
    CS:GO (Low, 1440x900) (40-80fps) - 45%(GPU usage) - 68C
    Grid 2 (High, 1440x900) (50-60fps) - 80-95%(GPU usage) - 78C

So I think it's way better than before.
    And on the desktop instead of 50-52C it's 40-43C. I'm not using the AUTO-RPM function because I still don't trust it. I locked it on 75-80% so it's quiet but efficient.

Here's a link for a screenshot of Afterburner and RealTempGT:
    https://imgur.com/a/m9yLnZ4

Again, big thanks to my friends and to you @Undying.

Sincerely King_Kedar :)

airbud7, Embra and Undying like this.