Hilbert, wanna do a review??

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by MrRand0m, Jul 29, 2005.

1. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Hilbert,

I wonder if you would consider doing a review of the upmarket CPU cooling solutions out there.

There are a few on the market these days and I think a review and comparision would be really really good.

I am asking because I feel that for most of us, cooling is very important and also I interested in purchasing a titan vanessa S type cooler and I really would like your opinion and some comparisions to the zalman, TT etc etc equivilants ;)

So whadda ya say? is such a review / comparision on the cards for anytime soon????

2. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

mm, well, i was very interested in looking ofr coolers specially for my CPU because this FX52000 is not causing many heat.

It would be nice to have a review of them since there are lot of brands and many people ask for Zalman, Thermaltake, Thermalright, Coolermaster etc etc

3. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Alot of brands is alot of reviews is alot of work.

But, it would be nice to know.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Perhaps in the future. I actually often played with the idea to do a coolling article but each time I think about it new products have arrived. Right now the waiting queue for products to be reviewed is already 6-8 weeks.

We did just receive a VapoChill Micro cooler though, that one deserves a standalone review as it's looking fantastic.

But I'll definitely keep it in mind.

5. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

OK, Hilbert, we will wait your reviews.
    By the way, are you going to explain how does Vapochill works?
    I have seen youre making reviews of some watercooling systems but not about Air-cooling.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oh for sure, have you ever seen an article in which i do not explain stuff :)

The new vapopchill cooler is a little unique though, not 100% air cooling.

Inside the pipes that lead to the cooling ribbons actually is a gas (compare it to your fridge), it'll absorbe and transport heat more quicker thay way (at least that's the story). We'll see once I start testing.

7. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    are we talking about pure ammonia or a varient? Surely not freon or anything toxic...

I really should just google this.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Checked that one out already. The gas HFC 134a (R134a) is used due to its low impact on the ozone layer and it's not very toxic, although any coolant is toxic I guess.