1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Higher Boost clock?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hog54, May 22, 2019.

1. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1050
    I bought a new Asus laptop and ran a few benches and was wondering how come the boost clock is higher than the cards specs?Gpuz says the boost clock from 1354mhz is 1493mhz but im getting 1809mhz?Does Asus do something to the cards to give more boost than oem?

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Is your laptop freezing up, crashing or artifacting? If not then I wouldn't worry about it. Are you using any third party software to adjust the clock speeds?

3. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1050
    No computer runs great and im not running any overclocking software.I just thought is was strange that it had a boost more than 400mhz over what the specs say?I guess I dont have to overclock it?:)

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Specified boost clocks on product pages are guaranteed up to GPU max temperature. IRL scenarios have better conditions and therefore cards boost higher than advertised. My card has a listed boost clock of 1755 MHz on the MSI product page but boosts to around 1850MHz when gaming (without OC) under good conditions (1875MHz if I increase power limit). Each chip is different of course but if I had a super dusty computer and lived in a country with warm weather, MSI would guarantee that I'd get at least a 1755MHz boost clock.

5. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1050
    Yeah its probably something like that and 1493mhz is minimum boost .Even at 1809mhz the gpu doesnt go over 82 c and I think the max is 96 c.