1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High temps Ryzen 2600 with Fuma REV B.

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hijodeosiris, Oct 11, 2018.

1. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Hello i have a concern with my CPU / Heatsink

I have a R5 2600 OPd @ 4.1 GHZ with 1.4V
    Scythe Fuma REV B.

After running 15-30 mins of Prime 64 is stabilizes at 73 but runs as hot as 85 °C.
    I´ve tried already reseating the heatsink with new paste thinking about i mught actualy did it wrong.

Can you help me finding a software to have accurate temp readings?

If i run the aida test the CPU temps start bumping from 90-70 arounds the whole test and the CPU diode lectures jump to 80-85°C, so im totally confused by what to think taking into account i read the FUMA rev B was as good as the Noctua ND15 and i would get like 75 °, and even here the review of guru of 3D with even higher voltage show lower temps than mine by a good margin.

AIDA TEST
    -aida : 64 °C graph, but CPU diode 88°C
    -MSI afterburner jumps from 70-90°C throughout the test
    -Ryzen master: same beahvio

PRIME 64 TEST

During gaming sessions at least MSI afterburner reports nothing above 70°C
    Closed case with 2 intake 120 MM fans and 1 rear exhaust runnig at 1000~ RPM

Now im using pretty much exactly what hilbert recommended in his r5 2600 review.

- Select D.O.C.P. and select 3200 (16-18-18-38 1.35V) running TeamGroup DElta II 3000 MHZ 2x4 GB sticks
    - Type "4.15" in the multiplier x100
    - Select in VDDCR CPU Voltage: AUTO

Restart and the PC posts with not problems BUTTTT. The damn Core Voltage in reported by the bios says 1.425, but in the section of VDDDCR it says 1.475V which as far as i know is TOO DAMN HIGH. for 24/7 purposes.

If i reduce manually that value to the max recommended I´ve read in the internet 1.425v, the computer just simply freezes.

Furthermore
    - CPU-ID: fluctuates CPU Freq 4.11-4.15 Core Voltage during stress test: 1.439V, cannot check temps
    - Aida 64: In the sensor section > Temperatures CPU: 64°C, CPU Diode: fluctuates 83-95°C, CPUVID: 1.475V
    pic1 pic2
    - Ryzen Master: fluctuates from 83 - 93 °C, Voltage Control: 1.475V, BUT in creators mode tab it says Voltage control (V) CPU Voltage 1.425 Control Mode automatic
    pic1 pic2
    -MSI afterburner: This reports a cliclying temp pattern of lows and highs which are 83-93°C and this is basically what i see during gaming just to keep in check my temps while gaming.
    pic1

can you help me troubleshoot this.
    By the way i forgot to mention my heatsink came with the towers benden inwards the middle fan slot, and i have to use very littel force to open it in order to make the middle fan fit. Do you think that might be causing a not propper cooling.

2. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    So basically my questions are
    Who the heck do i believe of my softwares ans sensos talking about temperature?
    Which is the real voltage my CPU is using?
    And finally how do i OC this think to at least achieve what everybody does with no problems 4.1-4.2 Ghz with 1.425V max core voltage?

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
    Hola hijodeosiris , you definitely need to use hwinfo latest version to actually read accurate voltages and temperatures. In hwinfo the real cpu temps will be read as CPU ( Tdie ) that is accurate and the proper temps reading , ignore the other temp readings. Also the v.core voltages is reading differently if you are using load line calibration , if using high load line calibration it will be higher than what you input in the Bios and viceversa if you input low load line calibration.

Also bare in mind that stress testing with prime 95 it is an unreal load on the cpu meaning you will probably never will see that kind of load or temperatures on a daily basis , gaming or using your cpu normally every day.

Download the latest Beta of hwinfo and you will be set and have peace of mind :) - https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

I hope that helps.

Kind regards: Chispy

4. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    What about if even with HWinfo I´m having 80+ °C temp readings.
    ATM im at work so i cannot check until 4 hours from this post), but i remember running yesterday some test and using Hwinfo and getting anyway 80+°C with prime 95. and 1.475 v. (but not 100% sure)

So what should i do? try to reseat again the heatsink?

chispy likes this.

5. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Yeah i downloaded the beta version recommended, and i´m still having what i consider abnormal high temps.
    As i said i´m using a Scythe Fuma Rev. B. and i find the number absolutely out of the charts.
    So now im certainly sure the cpu is running 4.15 @ 1.375V adn 90°C
    Should i try again reseating the heatsink?

chispy likes this.
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
    Just told you prime95 puts an unrealistic very high load on the cpu and you will most likely never see that kind of load. if you are not getting the temps you want you might want to replace Tim / reseat your heatsink and try again if that does not work upgrade your cooling , nothing else you can do as it is the nature of the beast :).

7. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Then should i just worry about the temps i get while gaming?, because if that´s the case then i would call this a ok scenario, jsut getting 70°C during game session.

8. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Well after one and a half hour of playing NFS payback the CPU gets to 85°C.... i think there is something really really wrong with the cooler.

Edit: Proof Max 87.5°C

I really do not know what I´m doing wrogn after reseatng the cpu 3 times and applying the typical pea sized in the center of the CPU thermal paste.
    This is definitely not what i expected buying a Scythe Fuma.

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
    Yeah i'm suspecting something it's not right with your heatsink :/ , did you check the contact between the cooler and the cpu after removing it ? That cooler got very good reviews and performance should be close to noctua nhd 15 and in your case it's not performing as it should no matter what tim you are using as modern tims all perform close to each other ~5c . Try to rma that cooler or get a better one would be my best advice as 85c while gaming at a mere 1.42v is completely wrong.

10. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    My tower came a little bended inwards the middle space where the middle fan is mounted. I applied a little force to make the fan fit; do you think that might actually screw my cooler?

The other thing that comes to my mind is during the crossbar fixation i felt like one sided got screwed faster than the other, even when i screwed alternately.

I would love to RMA it but damn, they are not gonna give back my money, since i bought it in amazon us, and i live in mexico.

chispy likes this.

11. hijodeosiris

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x
    Gonna try using a Cooler master i have with the AM3 bracket to see how it performs, i find it weirs since with the phenom with 1.5v and 4.0Ghz the CM maintained the temps below 75°C, but these enormous mass of steel and pipes is struggling with 1.42v with a more modern and less power hungry CPU.

chispy likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    maybe I wrong person to ask but 70c is imo to high for any cpu, under load, most my cpu have all maxed out at around 65c under full load then again I dont OCed anything espcial for such a cooler

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018