High temps even with aftermarket

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Justkarma, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Justkarma

Justkarma New Member

GPU:
    HD7950
    Hi,

I recently bought a I5 3570K with an artic cooler freezer 7 pro but even on stock speeds I'm getting 74 degrees on full load in prime. I already reinstalled my cooler multiple times, reapplied the thermal paste and made sure the cooler was making enough contact with my cpu. Finally I gave up and thought it was just a bad cooler so I bought a corsair H60 but now I still get 70 degrees on load with stock temps. I thought this was gonna be around 55ish. I have no idea anymore what this could be? I have a micro-atx motherboard in a coolermaster HAF922 case with good airflow. My gfx doesnt even get 70 in full load. Thanks in advance for any thought was this could be.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How much vcore? Can u fill out ur specs.....

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    How did you apply the Thermalpaste?

4-5 MM dot in the middle is the best way. Spreading out with a card can cause air bubbles.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    If its the same cooler I had years ago I think its preapplied. I had one of them artic cooling freezer pro? It was on a dual core e8400 at 4ghz

5. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    that may be considered normal depending on your vcore and frequency,

please let us know :)

might be voltage is a bit high even with defaults loaded, some boards do that...

6. Justkarma

Justkarma New Member

GPU:
    HD7950
    I have a asus P8Z77-M and in CPU-Z i can see at full load during prime burn test my core voltage is 1.160. Outside of that during games etc I can see my voltage jumping from anywhere between 0.952 and 1.184. Core speed says 3819 with 38 multiplier and bus speed 100

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  8. Justkarma

Justkarma New Member

GPU:
    HD7950
    I also bought a corsair H60, obviously the cooler aint the problem since its 2nd one and i reapplied both of them by 10 times

9. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Not sure why you are upset but under full load 74 degrees is really good! No way your going to be 55 ish degrees under full load unless you have your PC case in your freezer =)

10. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Yeah, that's decent for your temps. I have a Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 pro on my 3570K, using 1.265V for 4.4Ghz, and I hit 90*C in Prime. Granted, when I play games, my CPU temps are ~62*C, so it's no big deal.

11. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    I think you shouldn't expect too much out of the H60. I hit 70C and maybe more when running prime95* on a 212 EVO. Just to get a good comparison against the two coolers you got what temps are you getting on the stock cooler?

Is it hot where you stay? Is the ventilation in your case blocked? Are you applying too much thermal paste?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    What CPU temps do you get when playing BF3 and Crysis 3? 62C vs. 90C indicates games that barely make any use of CPU, relatively speaking.

90C is too high, as well.

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 2070XC ultra
    I tried the H60 when it first came out and wasn't that impressed, people assume because it has cooling fluid in it its going to perform like full on water cooling...no where near...unless you lap the block and use a v/good thermal paste....even then performance improvement will only be 5-10c better.
    After the h60 i went to Coolermaster V8 aircooler and tbh it blew the h60 away...no pun intended lol, also ive never been a big fan i direct contact coolers and imo copper pipes are just a gimmick....you cant beat a 5mm chunk of copper to absorb the heat first.

14. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I never benchmark my computer anymore, so it never hits 90*C anymore either. BF3, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution gets me to ~67*C. I don't own Crysis 3. Not worried about it anyhow since I have the extended warranty for the one time replacement of a K processor through Intel.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013