High resolution problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jmv, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    hello

I recently got my new Geforce FX 5700 ultra.... and now i cannot play anything @ 1600x1200 fullscreen.... not even quake 2. I mean, i know my comp. should be able to run that no problem... but it won't let me. Also, there's a list of supported modes.... it doesn't go up to 16x12, just 1280x1024. However, i was able to play both quake 2 and 3 previously @ 1600x1200 with no problems (this was with a geforce 2 mx). One of the diagnostics i had run said my monitor would support up to like 20x15 or something...

Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance.

2. Emanon75

Emanon75 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800GT / 9800Pro / Ti4600

When you say "can't play" do you mean you can't select the resolution or that they crash or don't start, or what?

3. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    Well, for q2 it starts it in a windowed mode at my desctop resolution of 800x600, so that i can't see anything. With q3, it just won't load.... it goes to the blue console menu, and gives me some sort of error. I've played both of them before at 1600x1200... though, come to think of it, that may have been when i had windows ME.... could it be windows XP that is causing the problem?? Or maybe both XP and the new card??

Grr... i'm so confused.... :(

4. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    does anyone have ANY suggestions?? :( :(

5. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ino3D Ichill
    There's a "Refresh Rate Overrides" option on the GeForce tab in the display settings. You can enable that and choose the refresh rate and resolution you like.

6. neural net

neural net Guest

if your monitor is 19 inch or bigger you should be able to change it to 1600 x 1200

7. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

yah do what he said, and reinstall your monitor drivers