High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

First time I'd connected my phone to my Oppo HA-1 via BT, I was like, "That's so cool!".Now, the Samsung soundbar I'd gotten does BT as well, so loving them!
  2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

Other then the brainwavz pads that I seen, there doesn't seem to be much of an option for better ear-pads. Since the stock ones on the R70X's is starting to wear out and starts to itch more.

Main issue is finding some better ear-pads that doesn't alter the sound signature of the Audio Technica R70X's,Or if they do only doing it an little. The brainwavz Hybrids was the only one so far that I seen people mention that fitted the headphones.

I don't really want to move from my R70X's, since I doubt I find any thing that gives me it exact sound signature, plus I getting tired of switching to different headphones.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018 at 7:10 PM
  3. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GenClaymore, Brainwavz make XL Pads that are much larger then their normal pads. They come in various material, you could try their all velour pads. I own the sheep skin, and hybrid pads, and they fit alot better on my HiFiman's, and AKG's. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076SLL6BK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also these work well, and did not change the sound, but they are from China. I have them on my gaming headphones, Audio Technica ATH-700X, for about a little over 2 years now. Surprising they are very soft, and comfortable. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thick-Velo...phones-/251699464310?var=&hash=item3a9a750876
    (You must log in or sign up to reply here.)
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018 at 6:28 PM
  4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

I’ve been looking at these Brainwavz velour memory foam pads and was curious if they would fit the Steelseries Siberia 840...