1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapp R9 290X CF H20
    First time I'd connected my phone to my Oppo HA-1 via BT, I was like, "That's so cool!".Now, the Samsung soundbar I'd gotten does BT as well, so loving them!

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    Other then the brainwavz pads that I seen, there doesn't seem to be much of an option for better ear-pads. Since the stock ones on the R70X's is starting to wear out and starts to itch more.

Main issue is finding some better ear-pads that doesn't alter the sound signature of the Audio Technica R70X's,Or if they do only doing it an little. The brainwavz Hybrids was the only one so far that I seen people mention that fitted the headphones.

I don't really want to move from my R70X's, since I doubt I find any thing that gives me it exact sound signature, plus I getting tired of switching to different headphones.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  3. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2
    GenClaymore, Brainwavz make XL Pads that are much larger then their normal pads. They come in various material, you could try their all velour pads. I own the sheep skin, and hybrid pads, and they fit alot better on my HiFiman's, and AKG's. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076SLL6BK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also these work well, and did not change the sound, but they are from China. I have them on my gaming headphones, Audio Technica ATH-700X, for about a little over 2 years now. Surprising they are very soft, and comfortable. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thick-Velo...phones-/251699464310?var=&hash=item3a9a750876
    (You must log in or sign up to reply here.)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I’ve been looking at these Brainwavz velour memory foam pads and was curious if they would fit the Steelseries Siberia 840...

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    The R70X cups are bigger then the normal ATH size cups, so I may have to get the one you linked, if not the XL Rounds. I just wish they didn't cost so much. But most likely I will since the stock pads now are worn out completely and the tip and upper sides of my ears touch the cups and hurts now.

6. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2
    Braimwavz have 3 diffrent sizes, Oval, Round, and XL Round. Just go to their web site here: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/headphone-pads and determine which size would fit your head phones, they have dimensions. I know the XL's fit the AKG 612's, Hifiman HE-400i, and HE-350's perfectly, no stretching needed to fit the rings, like you had to do with the oval's.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    Finally got a hold of some Brainwavz clone ear pads off eBay for 4 dollars which finally came. It was easy to get it on one ear, the other decided it was going to fight me. Finally Got it on after spending what seems like forever. now my R70X's are much more comfortable and my ears no longer touch the drivers. Although I kind wished I got the round versions, since those would had been easier to put on.

It doesn't sound like there was any changes in the sound quality, if there is, then it only an tiny bit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    jaggerwild and mezball like this.
  8. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Just finished reconditioning my HD580 headphones. The velour pads were coated in years of humanity, the interior foam pads over the drivers have disintegrated, and the foam on the headband went completely flat.

Bought the headband foam from China maker over ebay. ($.99 + $2.99 for expedited shipping), which finally arrived after 2 weeks. Looks just like the OEM ones, but not flat. :)

Replaced the inner pads with nylon from a set of black nylon stockings. (Nylon is acoustically neutral. Make sure there are no creases when the cups attach) I washed the earcups in warm water and basic shampoo, and dried with a microfiber cloth. Then attacked the velour with a suede brush to restore the feel.

Overall, a success. :)

The1 likes this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm just a poor lad with HD650, AD700, DT880PRO 250Ohm and the original HyperX Cloud. All I use, ever, is the HD650. I love the HD650 signature.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    So... Apparently the green one is the production version of Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee. That's... quite a difference. This test was done by diyaudioheaven. The graph is now gone for whatever reason - though full measurements are coming. The boost in bass is so large that it makes me wonder if this is accurate.
    [​IMG]

Green is the production HD 58X, dark red it HD 660S, bright red is pre-production HD 58X.
    [​IMG]

I'd say that HD 58X Jubilee is turning out to be rather interesting.

Last edited: May 10, 2018

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Well... Sennheiser confirmed that it'll have HD 650 like bass level. Massive boost over the pre-production unit indeed.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Comming this week :D -> I think this will Blow me away 4Real :eek:
    For Gaming/Music (I ilke & Enjoy Almost all types of music) & DTS/Atmos BR Movies (Riped Hi-Q 5.1 for fast HDD - My Library Access).

Headset for Pro Gamer | Friday Night Gaming:
    Sennheiser™ G4ME ONE

POW: 116dB | Frequency response: 15-28,000 Hz | Mic. 50-16,000Hz | Imp.: ~50 Ω
    With Dolby Atmos™ for Headphones

Sound System by:
    Custom Genius SW-HF 5.1 Box w/PyramiD™ Interior parts, as Woofer & Amplituner >200W Sust. Elec.Output
    , Analog Input / Music Sound System (Wooden Oak) internal Hi/Fi™ CU 4mm cables; Better Crossovers, Solid Japan Capacitors (Nichicon Black & Fine Gold) etc.

Sound Speakers 5.0 setup:

Magnat Vector 2 as
    Front Stereo - POW: 80W / 120W | Response: 32 – 25000 Hz | imp.: 4 Ohm
    Dimensions: 22,5cm x 34cm x 22,5 cm | weight: >8 kg (each)

PJ JAMO CC-6000b as
    Central Speaker - POW: 70W / 100W | Response: 70 Hz ~ 22 KHz | imp.: 4-8 Ohm
    Dimensions: 14cm x 43cm x 14cm | weight: >4kg

Magnat Monitor Supreme 102 as
    2x Surround - POW: 60W / 120W | Sens. 89 dB | Response: 42 Hz ~ 36 KHz | imp.: 4-8 Ohm
    Dimensions: 25cm x 15cm x 19cm - weight: >2.8kg (each)

Cables:
    Hi-Fi - Efi Pure Copper /
    Carbon (B&R Pure Copper CU 3.5mm w/Platinum endings)

In Gaming Room, SB-Zx -> I will move for next SB with Atmos™ (hopefully in coming Year or two)
    Then i will go for some Ceiling 4 Speaker setup, and Atmos Amplituner for further PyramiD™ Mod.

Wanna 'best' ?
    -> https://www.focal.com/headphones/utopia
    or
    -> https://www.focal.com/en/home-audio...loorstanding-speakers/sopra-ndeg2#performance

or some Home Work ;)
    -> http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/greencones.htm

UPD.
    Yesterday i have finished with my new Hi-Fi Gaming Room Build :D
    YES, the difference is unbelievable !

But TBF gaming on my 5.1 Hi-Fi setup is much better than on Sencheisers (even with ATMOS ;) but, TBH i can hear guys up-stairs now (in R6 or BF1 i can pinpoint your location if you're above me :D and give you C4...)
    But, all in all i can play all night now and have fun, THX to headset.

1. The High/Medium & Low sounds reproduction is near Perfect now !
    2. DTS/Atmos movies plays Great & more believable.
    3. Gaming also is a lot better, now i can have better expanse in room, thx to this i can 'feel' the games #better

==PS
    Im happy for my last minute switch from Jamo surround SC6000 for -> Magnat Monitor Supreme 102
    Jamo is great but Magnat is even better ;)

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    OnnA likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  15. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
  19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Anyone ever try out Dekoni earpads? They were recently on massdrop for $20-30 (depending on model) instead of $60. if they do another drop, i may pick some up for my HD6xx's.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD