High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    [​IMG]

With m Schiit bifrost uber with my little dot MK 2 2.0 with Sylvania 5654 driver tubes in. My Beyerdynamic T90 is not in the picture.

2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Awesome gear :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Movin' up in the world huh?

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Haha. I think a lot of us are moving in that direction of late.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I swap back and fourth and build hybrid systems.
    I am more for surround sound over cans though, but I use a set every now and again.

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    May I ask what cans you've played with? I realise you were very speaker orientated so I would love your opinion on good headphones.

7. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Great set-up.

I can see some tube rolling in your future :)

How do you like your bifrost ?

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The first thing I did was changed the driver tubes from the stock ones that came with the little dot MK 2 to the ones I mentioned. The power tube will be last after I change the drivers tubes to again to the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV , Then after that I will change the power tubes to the Sovtek 6H30I-EB or the 6N6P's. I have the 2.0 MKII so the 6H30I is built in from the factory and i got my little dot MK2 2.0 used too.

I been enjoying my Bifrost uber alot, it was the best choice I ever made as it gave me the exact sound signature I was trying to get all those years ago with the op-amp rolling. Tho I still burning in the Uber but it getting there.

9. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Nice....thanks.

Seems most people like it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  10. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Can anyone recommend me a headphone here?
    I know I should go to Head-Fi, but I'm afraid they will talk me into spending more than I can afford :).
    I have a Asus Xonas Essence STX ( Pci-e ), LD Mk.II with 6N6P tubes and a Beyer DT990.
    For games I used to have a closed DT770. I miss those. Tried to solve that by buying leather cushions for the DT990 but alas. The only thing I don't like about Beyers is that they leave a gap between the cushions and my neck ( under the ear ). So they don't close completely.

So can anyone recommend me a DT770-like headphone that closes better under the ears? Same pricerange +€50 would be max. Oh yeah, I like leather and wood ^^.
    Just one thing, they won't replace the DT990, I'll be keeping those for music. The use for the new phones would be gaming/movies/bassy things ;). Preferably high impedance phones as well.

Am I asking a lot? :$

11. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I find the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (X)'s absolutely horrible. Extremely uncomfortable, overpriced and didnt sound good. Been a while when I tested these and I didnt like the bass, cant remember what other things were wrong with this. Just wasnt good at anything.

I have not tested Roland RH-300 or Denon AH-D1100, but these would be worth checking out if you can listen these somewhere.

Sure, check those M50's also as people tend to recomment those. I'm not a fan of too much bass, so perhaps my opinions are not the most relevant here.

12. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Well consider this: most movies nor games have good quality that I know of and they really like to use deep rumpling tones a lot. the DT770 does this good, I just like a better fit for my head.

I was just looking for a good DT770 competitor actually. :)

13. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    New dac on the way for me, should have it by early next week.

Don't you just love when you order new audio gear and you get that all tingly feeling. :rock:

I will report back on how i like it....or dislike it.

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I been enjoying the 6h30pi tube's and the 6J1P-EB Tube's I can't explain how good every thing sound's. Tho I been thinking about trying M8161 or M1000 driver tube's in the future, but not right away. I waiting for amazon to ship my sound blaster omni as the X-Fi software is a pain in the butt while using windows 8.1 and there stuff I wanted any way in it software suite that wasn't in the Xtreme gamer's suite.

15. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Is your bifrost usb and uber upgrade ?

I almost got the bifrost, but ended up going with the ps audio nuwave .

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The uber upgrade, I bought it with it already installed. I don't have the usb one as I wasn't gonna use it, since I wanted to use optical with gaming sound cards.

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
  18. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Nice Darkest.

The lcd's are great cans....bass can go really low.

They are going to be a lot heavier than those really comfy HD650's though :p

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Luckily I don't think that will bother me much, headphone weight has never been a bother for me. It is hard to beat the level of comfort you get with Sennheiser cans though, I've forgot I was wearing mine more than once.

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Weight was what stopped me from getting the HE-500's over the T90. I don't think my neck muscles need a work out, trying to keep the HE-500 on top of my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.