Hiding i.p and other info

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Miniouse, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Miniouse

Miniouse Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 6950 xfx
    Hey guys, it's me again. And just wondering if anybody knows how I can hide my i.p or other info while downloading certain files so that my Isp doesn't see that it's me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    There are softwares you can use called hideip. Just google it.

3. Miniouse

Miniouse Member Guru

GPU:
    2x 6950 xfx
    Sounds decent but I don't really think any of what I found is "good enough". Sorry I probably should've mentioned that what I'm looking for is specifically for torrenting. And specifically due to privacy, not neccessarily for games or music, but anything I download at all since I actually use bitcomet as my downloading utility. I'm pretty sure a lot of people whom are rearing this understand what I am talking about, just plain privacy. Whether It's hardware or software I'm looking for something that will actually do the job well

4. jeked

jeked Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB
    Thing is a lot of torrents are illegal and if your wanting to hide your information ... that comes across wrong......

5. jeked

jeked Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB
    From whirlpool forums:
    " User #80213 4233 posts InternetGhost Whirlpool Forums Addict You can't hide your IP when using p2p from your computer. The internet works by sending a packet requesting a piece of information with a return IP address. If there is no return IP, the other peer will have no idea where to send the info.

The only way you could do it would be: - Somehow bounce through a proxy - Torrentflux server - Change to usenet or rapidshare (as only the main servers will see your IP)"

I think if you can Handel speed drop proxy and multiple hops but in the end it comes down to the fact if someone has the know-how then on the net it's pretty difficult to hide

6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    You'll never be able to hide your IP.

EVER. There's always a log stored somewhere.

You can however try to use Encryption with your downloads to prevent them seeing what the packet contains.

7. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    There're several ways to "mask" your IP. Proxy-chaining or VPN for instance. You could also subscribe to a news-server, they offer SSL encryption.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  8. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Or you can just not break the law and not download illegal torrents.

10. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    Problem. You can not hide from your isp, as everything goes through them. If you are using a proxy then you can hide from whoevers on the other end, but the isp will still be able to track all data flow through to you. encryption is your best bet, or masing the real contents of the data, as isp's wont check actual data flowing through, just what it looks like.

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Could get a seed box with a VPN to it...