"Hidden" Links?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by slipmatt, Jan 20, 2004.

1. slipmatt

slipmatt Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX780ti
    Sorry if this seems a bit "off-topic" :rolleyes: but what's with the messages that pop up when you "hover" over a word that's highlighted in green? Haven't been on the Forums in a while but something seems to have changed a bit! :cool: Anyhow, to get back "on Topic" i see a few Threads about flashing the BIOS of an FX5900 to make it a 5950 but i see no mention of it being "do-able" with a Creative 3D Blaster 5 FX5900 Ultra :( am i to lose out on an "upgrade?" :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yea I noticed this to apprantly alot of sites are starting to do this link thing in there articles i find quite annyoing.

As for bios flashing cant help you i dont believe in flashing Bios unless there somthing wrong with the said hardware.

3. JaBbErWoCkY

JaBbErWoCkY Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT + NV Silencer 5 @ 420/1.2
    My Creative 5900U is perfectly 'do-able' for flashing, works perfect :D

4. hohum

hohum Member

What I found funny is the way it highlighted the 'hidden' in your post title as green :)

Afaik it's an extra source of funding for website owners, as it's a subtle form of advertising that isn't too intrusive (hover over a highlighted word and you'll see). If I remember it's called Intellitxt... Driverheaven has it too, however they have the option to turn it off.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    go here and follow the instructions to install the HOSTS file. It'll get rid of all the green words and ads too! It really works... I was dubious my self when i 1st tried it!

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm