hi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by pavlos1982, Dec 20, 2008.

1. pavlos1982

pavlos1982 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gforce gtx 260
    buzzing , hissing noise coming from 260 gtx graphic card problems

i get this buzzzing sound from graphic card when starting up the pc and also when running benchmark programs like ati 3 d tool or video card stability test , is that normal or my graphic card is faulty??? i dont get it during game play only when running these 3 d tools or at the begining when i boot up the pc

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    Hi,

Seems to be a lot of people complaining about whining these days, looks like its becoming more and more common in GPU's.

The whining isn't due to a fault in the card per se.

You will most likely experience this when you are running at high frames, such as ATITool or in menu's in games etc etc.

It's due to the capacitors on the card. It's not a problem that will damage or reduce the lifespan on the card, although i can see why it would be annoying.

3. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Dude why are you running ati 3d tool if you have gtx260?

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    It's only named that, it actually works with any manufacturers card exactly the same.

5. pavlos1982

pavlos1982 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gforce gtx 260
    ohh ok i was worried for a minute somethign seriousely wrong and all the hassle returning it or getting it replace as the shop is far away and i bought it online , so your 100 percent sure its nothing to worry about?? also i took the card out and i was loooking where the fan is cause thats where the noise is coming from i saw some like white plastic particles like i think its been heated or something like little white plastic bits so all this should be normal nothing to worry i hope!!!! i also took some screen shots so you get the idea sorry if u cant see it clear this is the best i can zoom on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX
    Dude why do you know nothing about computers & software?

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    best plan is 2 download evga prec tool and start monitoring temps...

http://downloads.guru3d.com/EVGA-Precision-1.3.3-download-2112.html

with my 260 i turn fan 2 65 percent.

but my gut instinct says perhaps your psu isnt enough...doesnt seem like a well known brand.

i would get a thermaltake 750w...seem pretty cheap and 4 rails.

8. pavlos1982

pavlos1982 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gforce gtx 260
    yeh i have mine running on direct fan control 50 % with default clock but im hopping its nothign to worry about as for power supply lol i already change my original and i double check and recheck even ask at the shop where they sell the power supply if it will work with a 260 they promise me it will work so im gonna stick to that at the mo already spend a lot of money to just try get this graphic card working

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    u should listen to a 4870x2...thats whining!

think you'll be alright...

i wouldnt trust your local pc shop though. when i used mine the guy said hey dont worry about drivers...just install one over the other. no worries!

plus they tend to be more expensive. if you are in uk i'd use ebuyer and if in us newegg seem to king.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  10. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960
    lets say if its a driver issue theres no harm in reinstalling your drivers.

11. pavlos1982

pavlos1982 Member

GPU:
    nvidia gforce gtx 260
    thanks thats a bit reasuring the shop i buy my power supply was yoyotech.co.uk i personaly went there and talk to them they seem to be ok cause they also buid pcs and stuff and they sell graphic cards and the gtx 260 its working fine the graphic card to its speed everything so i hope its nothing and im a bit more confident now its nothing , thanks again for reasurance