Hi guys, i wanna buy HIS Iceq HD3850 AGP card, anyone knows where can buy it ? or if anyone who has

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by mingqianglee, Nov 26, 2020.

1. mingqianglee

mingqianglee New Member

GPU:
    GTX750
    see title

2. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    I think your best bet is ebay or amazon. There are still people around who sell old hardware.

3. mingqianglee

mingqianglee New Member

GPU:
    GTX750
    thanks for reply. but i did so much search in ebay, there are some hd3850 agp card, but no HIS iceq brand...o_O

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Historically, I had 2 IceQ cards. Both died shortly after warranty. And there is big problem with late AGP cards.
    They were all natively PCIe based and used PCIe-to-AGP bridge chip. On my card which had this bridge, it was getting super hot.

I expected it to die, and because of its small size and position, there was no way to attach any heatsinks. Chances, such card surviving till becoming so obsolete that it would end up in shoe box is slim.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Ah , yes that card was on my wish list for some time. I liked the IceQ cooler and the looks. Sadly, even on eBay is a rarity. Craug list or those kind of sites could be another avenue to pursue?

6. mingqianglee

mingqianglee New Member

GPU:
    GTX750
    ...hmm, i like it pretty much, just want a working one...:rolleyes:

7. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I have a Sapphire 3850 knocking about but with a Zalman VF-1000 cooler (the stock cooler was so bad and loud so I got this aftermarket cooler, dropped the temps and noise levels dramatically) on it however I'm not sure if it'll be alive anymore as the PC it was in was experiencing crashes with high load (though this could have been the PSU used).

It's right what people are saying though, the railto chip on the back of the card (the pcie-agp bridge chip). It's worth attaching a heatsink if you can, even if just using 2p coin with thermal adhesive.

Here's a pic (sorry the quality isn't great, It's an old photo on my pc, I don't really fancy routing round in storage getting the old pc out to take a new photo at the mmoment etc)
    [​IMG]

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Didnt had HIS card since X1600Pro IceQ with that blue cooler. These ware the days.