Hey, you are a computer person, right? Can you...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, May 28, 2021.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Maybe so.

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    my fiancee uses computers as much as me, able to program in a couple of languages etc, If you are ditched cause they dont like your interests, youre barking up the wrong trees...

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Maybe it's time to embrace my inner geek.
    Wearing nerdy IT T-shirts, rock a beard and respond in German if someone ask something.:cool:

Also, people will see me as a giant douche, though.
    Man, I'm conflicted.
    :oops:

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    depends on the crowd you keep, im into alternative rock music, "rock a beard" etc. But in person youd not take me for a computer user.

5. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    You should always be yourself, if you pretend to be someone you're not just to appease the interests of someone else, how can you ever feel comfortable at home?

Whether you're handy with computers, cars or plumbing, the right person will appreciate you for who you are.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, I am NOT advertising at all my computer skills or anything. More, I tend to pretend that I'm clueless.
    I am good at being bad, or so I assume. It's funny to hear people talking with so much conviction about things that they are clueless.
    Sunday I heard a discussion about the evil machinations behing the "Accept cookies" on every website.
    My php/JavaScript/HTML knowledge just died hearing all that BS.
    Bit my tongue until I bled. In the end I blurted something about where the whole cookies parts started and everyone looked at me like I was talking about some grand sacrilege or being stupid.
    Guess nobody likes to have their favourite conspiracy theories debunked by simple tech or science.
    I am not so popular at parties anymore.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Keitosha likes this.
  7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    So recognizable. Happened to me some times as well. People think knowing stuff, but talking crap. Telling the truth or how it really works gets you frowned upon.

[​IMG]

Like everyone is a computer technician, virologist, surgeon or you name it. Because the've read something on (a)social media. Indulge me I'd say.
    Acting stupid is the way to go. "I only have knowledge about the thing I'm here for". Especially rich dipswitches are the worst. Everything can be solved with money or crying to pay for said work being done. An example: Years ago setting up xDSL internet services the speeds you're getting are determined by the distance of the main hub (somewhere located within a city center). So living 6KM from the main hub or what it is called in English gives most in that area around 6Mbit - 8Mbit, not higher. Even VDSL2 didn't help with that. Some freaks demanded me bringing that building closer to their area. :rolleyes: So much fun to be had. Or couples having fights on who gets the Ferrari to do groceries. :rolleyes: Yes, the last actually happened and I couldn't finish my job. Had to come back another time since they were too busy screaming at each other. Love it! :D

anticupidon likes this.