1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey good news! HL2 is....oh who gives a ****

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damnit, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Millhouse_

Millhouse_ Guest

for such a big title it has such unproffesional developers

2. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    If I can have my say, After playing the beta code, the game does seem to be just another shooter. Point A to point B, if it moves kill it, move through door and repeat.

The entire game industry is on brink of collapes. it may sound like rubbish, but EVERY game seems to be the same old thing, the only thing that is changing are the graphics and the over priced hardware needed to run tha damn thing.

If the cost of hardware dont drop and if games begin to be played and not just played out (. i am sick of scripts and AI that is not AI at all just a very cleaver scripted scene ) then I for one will find a new hobby.

Now, where is my motocross bike.

3. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    Instead of focusing on these shooters, I would much prefer is some real good flightsims started to come out. I think they cancelled Falcon 5.0 but I would love to see that game actually be released. Ive had about enough of FPS games for a while.

Ill still prob buy and play HL2 when it does eventually come out though.

4. neowar3020

neowar3020 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi GeforceFx 5900-VTD128
    lmao!!!!, sl2 you always make the appropiate comments everywhere lol, dont change man! i love your sarcasms

5. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Play.com have updated their release date: "Due for release on 05/11/2004"

Not good :(

6. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7800GS OC AGP
    meh, it better be soon with it taking up 2 gigs of my hard drive...if there's nothing said soon about it, i'll be deleting it....figured the preload was just getting my hopes up...

I'm sure it will be fun, but why does everyone keep whining about it? The only people who have a right to whine, are the people who preordered, and paid for it last year....Valve's customer service would have had an earful from me for sure had i done it...I'd be demanding a discount, if not my money back...paying for a product that was promised on a certain date, andthen a year goes by with nothing but excuses...heh...man I'm glad i didn't preorder

7. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    And people who bought a 9600XT, 9800XT, pre-ordered the first few full retail 'Blue' Sapphire X800Pro's.

8. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7800GS OC AGP
    yea, cause now there's even better hardware out...not to say those are bad cards...but i bet theres a few people who bought it because of the package deal, and not just because of the card itself..

9. backbydemand

backbydemand Guest

"Done when its done"

hmm, wonder where we heard that before, Duke Nuke Forever?

to be renamed Duke Nukem "is going to take" Forever...

10. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    Duke Nukem Forever is a whole different issue :p

11. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    I honestly don't care about HL2 anymore either. I used to be so hyped about this game now I really don't give a ****.

12. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Well, I was refering to the vouchers.