Heroes of Newerth (dota standalone)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Denial, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Got 3 more invites - if you're interested send me a PM with your email addy.

2. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    Had given the three I had to three dudes who rotating on my account. I will post if I receive any more keys.

Awesome game is awesome :D

3. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    PM sent, wow this looks nice, keep the updates posted if you can as well, this is a for sure buy, i still play dota almost every day.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Currently out of keys - when I get more I'll send more out.

Also, when you PM me please include your email.

5. Defrath

Defrath New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870
    This game looks incredible. I'm so anxious to try it, as I play DotA frequently. I guess I could send a PM even though I'm pretty new. :(

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  6. Austyn

Austyn Guest

After playing this game for a few days, id like to give some feedback. The game itself is alot of fun, im not sure i can comment to much on the game or its mechanics due to the NDA. What i will say is that its pretty much a direct port of DotA.

Now to the bad points...

The community, its just as childish, unfriendly and unforgiving as the DotA community. You will get flamed, punished and targeted if you are new. Dont expect much help if you have never played this genre of RTS.

The reason i left DotA was due to the diabolic community that is was represented by. This game pretty much consists of that same community. Any new players inevitably leave due to harassment, bullying and so forth. I dont expect this game to do well from a "business" point of view. New players are potential new customers which equal more money. If the disgusting dota community push the new players out because they lack in skills and experience, then they are only harming their own future in Heroes of Newerth.

7. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    @Austyn

That's why I play with a group of friends. We all get together and usually play 5v5 matches. It's always fun whether we win or lose. Although we do fight occasionally, but it never lasts long.

I also have to comment on the fact that I agree with your statement about the DotA community. A bunch of whiny little kids if you ask me. They all cry about the slightest lag and cry if you're not "skilled" enough for them. I have only experienced the first thing I mentioned as I usually host my own rooms and people always complain how there might be a 0.5 second delay and then they rage quit. But in regards to the latter, I always try to help a newbie out as long as they ask for help or aren't stupid about it.

This game has potential as long as the crappy DotA community doesn't take it over.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well I'm afraid the DOTA community is obviously going to be present in this game. With a player base of 7M+ players, S2 is looking to pull some of those numbers to their game. It's unfortunate, but I don't think there really is anything you can do to prevent it - the game is basically designed to be extremely competitive and naturally players in a highly competitive environment are going to be unfriendly to noobs.

9. Austyn

Austyn Guest

If you still play and this is room for one more. let me know, my ingame name is Skidillydooo.

10. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I leave to go back to the states and my rig on monday, if you (denial) or anyone else still has beta keys they want to share let me know and I'll pm you my email.

Looks good

11. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Make a pub call it ''DotA -arem pros only!'' or ''DotA -sd no noobs'' and guess what you'll get people getting no regen items on ursa and just expect to just roam free for the first 15 minutes of the game without any harassment

Have a one of them ghostbot keeping the stats now and every single game I play in pubs has the words ''pros only'' in the title and yet I have a pub-stomping average of 9.0 kills 2.1 death and 6.0 assist without counting games with leavers

DotA is a game that is extremly hard to learn to play, and people seem to not want to singleplayer AT ALL (using AI maps which I'll admit are kind of hard but is GREAT to learn teamplay)

So it's our duty as old players to cleanse the noobs

12. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Which is why you play on garena - not that I don't enjoy a good pub-stomp

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have 3 beta invites, if you want one pm me with your email.

EDIT: no invites left

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  14. kangpc

kangpc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    I've got 2 invites, pm e-mail if you want em :p

EDIT:Sent em both - check you're e-mail if you PM'd me :p

Enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  15. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Thanks eclap, looking forward to giving the game a try :)

16. Crunchysocks

Crunchysocks New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800GX2
    thanks kangpc! hopefully see you all in game!

17. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    i want a beta key, it looks like a DotA ripof, even the heroes look pretty much alike, i can see a gondar, jakiro, razor, tauren on that short video.

18. kangpc

kangpc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    ya dude thats kinda the point...

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    If you read my original post, the game was intended to be a DOTA 2.0 standalone version, without the WC3 engine limits. They do have their own heroes and they will be adding their own items. Icefrog (current developer of dota) had no issue with them developing the game - and has been following it's progress throughout development.

20. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I dont think any of the heros look like the ones from DOTA.
    WOW this game is so good, they could sell it today, and I would buy.

If any one is playing alot and would like to set up some games with a team let me know.
    MADOGRE is my HON name.