Herman Miller & Logitech G Team Up to Create High-Performance Furniture Solutions for Gamers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thunk_It likes this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    AKA: put gaming sticker on the chair and raise the price by $300 xd

I mean seriously, is gaming chair really that much better than ordinary office chairs?
    Gaming chair seems more about looks and pride in ownership cause some streamer is sitting on it.

Been sitting on Ikea Markus for more than 8 years now. It didn't fell apart...

Thunk_It, HandR, gx-x and 2 others like this.
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, i been using the same chair (brand GiroFlex) since 2007.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    My personal main complaint is that I need a new chair because the fake leather's the most horrible fabric ever, wears down way faster than the springs and seating cushions etc.
    But still not sure what to get, if a fabric (like polyester) or real leather's better.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Yeah in my experience the chair kinda doesn't matter. Any normal office chair is completely fine and anything with gaming added on it is just overpriced. For comfort, properly adjusted height of the chair and the desk are far more important for comfort.

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    To me, "gaming" chairs are often just office chairs with oddball colors and a cup-holder strapped on and plus a premium price tag. But this combination of brands sounds interesting. It might end up being good stuff, but the price will be astronomical. $300-500 would be my guess.

All I care about is comfort. I cannot use normal office chairs, back issues. Most chairs I try, I just don't like. I'm using an overpriced La-Z-Boy chair with massively overstuffed cushioning. It's annoyingly huge for a desk chair, but it's plush.

7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    It's actually worse, very limiting and very annoying. Just imagine sitting in a car seat, one of the more sporty ones, without keeping your legs almost straight up in front of you, but having them in front of you like on a regular chair. Now add time and activities.

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I use the Vertagear triiger series, although Herman Miller are nicer chairs i did find them more expensive, more than i was willing to spend. Though the fabric used would not be considered overally comfortable, it hsa massively helped out my back. I used to use these "gamer chairs" but they were back for the back even with their over premium price

9. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    how are those cheaper than Miller chairs? They are all overpriced as hell, at least miller is completely adjustable, and full leather for ~800eur, trigger 350 is also ~800ish, and aside from height adjustable back, it looks like IKEA 30eur chair.

10. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Gaming, Tactical, Military Grade, Industrial, good old marketing buzz words.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's definitely worse but a Herman Miller office chair, imo, is way nicer than a regular office chair.

I bought a Herman Miller Aeron chair several years ago and have it in my office at work -- multiple people who sit in $100-200 amazon/ikea office chairs comment on how comfortable mine is when they sit in it. Steel Case chairs are similar - sit in a Leap V2 or Gesture than go back to a regular chair is like going from an SSD to a HDD... they both do the same job but one is just so much nicer.

Now I wouldn't recommend to go out and spend $1300 retail on a chair but if you can find one used or purchase it from a reseller like madisonseating for around ~$300-400 it's definitely worth it.

I kind of look at it this way too - ill spend like $800 on a GPU or whatever every 2-3 years that I only use a subset of the time I'm on a computer. My chair I sit in 100% of the time I'm on my computer.. so spending similar to a GPU for even a slightly better experience is worth it.

sverek likes this.
  12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Herman Miller chairs are awesome. We have them at work and it is so comfortable I was going to buy one for my house until I saw it costs $800. I somehow doubt they will be offering the higher end designs in their gaming line though.

13. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    HM Aeron is ~$400. It's worth it because you can adjust for you height and so on. I bought dozen of chairs that were comfortable, for a day or so, and then my back started to hurt. Sitting in a chair for an hour to determine weather it suits you is a bad idea. If you are going to sit in it 24/7 and you can't adjust it, you are probably going to have issues. Especially if it has non-adjustable back support, that hing can hurt you instead of help you. Arm rests? How about if they are too high and you start getting elbow pains, that you spontaneously start avoiding by putting your hand over the arm rest, and your shoulder stats hurting too? Yeah, happened to me with more than one chair.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Buy a refurbished Herman. They're meant for businesses which is why the price is so high.
    I look for one several times a week but still not found one. Meanwhile I'm killing my back on this pos Markus. :(

15. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    afaik that "limiting" is the very reason the gaming-chair/race-car-seat, to make people sit in good posture
    many people sit in bad posture (even they feel comfortable) and it known to be bad in long term

but nowdays gaming chair not necessary all about good-sit-posture ... what they create is just simply the trend, rather than really better chair to sit on

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    No walking/standing desk for VR?
    Guess that someone missed that opportunity!
    Investing in a good chair and desk are important, but try to get out of the sitting habit, it is important to move a lot, as we grew older.
    I force myself to stand for short tasks and put my alarm every 20" pomodoro style to get out of the chair if I am sitting too long.
    Shed a few pounds that way.

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I didn't think about it, so it basically support your back in straight position?

18. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Lol and a big +1!

19. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    A seat cover? Good as new

20. moeppel

moeppel Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    So much this.

Picked up a Leap V2 and Aeron for around $350 each (including Shipping) and they're by far the comfiest I've ever sat.

I personally prefer the Leap V2 and given how sturdy they are I suspect the Leap to last me a life time.

The hilarious thing is, those chairs are about as expensive as your generic gamer chair rubbish, such as DXRacer/Maxnomics (?), of higher quality and probably longer lasting even though they're second hand at those price points.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020