Herman Miller and Logitech G Enhance the Embody Chair For Pro Gamers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2020.

1. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 RTX 2070
    i only have one thought on this beauty...
    the resale value of this chair will far outstrip any gaming system ever built if you go by history. people pay over $500 for ten year old (or greater) Herman Miller chairs. some of them cost more than this one does new at retail.

tived likes this.
  2. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    What do you mean office chair? Its Herman, their office chairs are over 1K

3. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    that's $900 over what they should be. It's a $150 chair with brand attached to it. You can get copies of them under $300... And yes, they are 1:1 copies. It's not like copying technology.
    Also, Beats headphones are ~$10 cans that sell for over $300 because of marketing. Price doesn't say much about the product itself.

4. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Head rests are not ergonomic, you never used an Areon chair to understand it.
    Its my best investment in my health, I also wondered about lack of headrest and got third party one, but later watched their video about sitting right and removed it and now its just uncomfortable i tried to use it, also its unusable with big headphones.
    Their chairs made in a way that you sit straight and your neck is straight and nothing hurts.

I used enough regualr chairs and eventually got sick bunch of time, tail bone pressure, had litters of pus and blood coming out, tail bone area swelling and temperature, 40 celcious
    It all ended after i finally put my money for my health and got the chair,, also it covered itself many MANY times, im tall guy 1.80 and 95KG, regular chairs never lasted full year, either the tube stop working or something else breaks.
    This chair just works

tunejunky and tived like this.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    @MegaFalloutFan blood from
    coccygeal area ? Pressure when you sit ? When i had that i was developing a cyst down there and that thing is nasty please if did not check so far ... please go to a doctor and check for
    coccygeal cyst ....i ignored it till it blew up (not literally) but such thing the earlier you deal with it the better. I hope is nothing but since i went threw such a thing when i hear such simptoms i can not help and warn people to look at it .

Solfaur and MegaFalloutFan like this.
  6. Think we're getting a little carried away fellas' lil hyperbolic..

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    no no @K.S. i really do not care about chairs ... i am genuine concerned cause i went threw operation to get coccygeal cyst removed it is not rare to happen ... and my symptoms where what he described i did the mistake to brush it off and the more you let the cyst grow the worst it will be at the end cause if you start developing one ... eventually you will be begging the doctor to cut it out on the spot ...... when i was 15 i started seeing a bit of blood on my boxers ... and on some tougher chairs i would feel pressure and pain on the coccyges area ((tail)) after few hours of sitting when i was 18 i had to take the surgery and was much worse cause i let it grow for 3 years although at the time i was brushing it off . So really i went threw this and what he described reminded me the whole thing back then this is why i advised him to check with a doctor .

in my case i had no pus the blood was rare every few months or so and discomfort that was turning into pain on rough hard chairs otherwise i had no swelling for 3 years .... but when it finally swell .... i run to the doctor and from the pain i was begging him to cut it off on the spot....
    if you think i am Hyperbolic hearing almost the exact same thing i had in the past and warn someone to check it with a doctor so he does not go threw what i went ... yes then so be it ....

Warning :the link to Wikipedia is a bit graphic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_disease

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/pilondial-cyst#1

here are the Symptoms

Signs and symptoms
    Two pilonidal cysts that have formed in the gluteal cleft
    Pilonidal cysts are itchy and often very painful, and typically occur between the ages of 15 and 35.[4] Although usually found near the coccyx, the condition can also affect the navel, armpit or genital region,[5] though these locations are much rarer.

Signs and symptoms may include:

• Intermittent pain/discomfort or swelling above the anus or near the tailbone
    • Opaque yellow (purulent) or bloody discharge from the tailbone area
    • Unexpected moisture in the tailbone region
    • Discomfort sitting on the tailbone, doing sit-ups or riding a bicycle—any activities that roll over the tailbone area
    Some people with a pilonidal cyst will be asymptomatic

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Solfaur and MegaFalloutFan like this.
  8. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Thank you for the info, but its been over 12 years ago, AERON chair literally saved me, if it ever comes back ill run to the doctor this time, im no longer 20-30 years old
    So back then It would swell and my back get hot and ill get a temperature rise, sometimes up to 40 Celsius, and ill just pop it with a sterilized toothpick, all this junk would come out, blood and pus, TONS of it [no idea where it came from], but the second it came out, i would feel normal, temperature would drop and i felt like nothing happend.
    This circle of pain, swelling, poping it maybe repeated 20+ times for me, 3+ years, until eventually i decided to do something crazy, im not from USA and this chair cost me 1900USD in our money, 2 months of good rent in my city, yet i did it and was happy I did.
    As soon as I stopped sitting on trash level chairs and moved to AERON, it ended, no more swelling, no more pressure.
    From that point, i take chairs seriously, I think its highly important to have best chair especially if you also work sitting, if you just use it for 2-3 hours a day then maybe a regualr chair can work out too, but not if you sit all day.

tived and Venix like this.
  9. Note to self, baaad read when eating...yeah that... sounds as painful as it is gross ;)

Venix likes this.
  10. tived

tived Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    Hi Skylinestar,

wow, that is a shame - my point isn't so much about getting a particular chair but to get one that is right for the sitter.

Many of us, either sit in a chair all day for work and/or when we are on the computer, either way it can make up a lot of hours sitting and having a good supportive chair is IMHO money well spent.

have you considered a saddle chair? like the HAG Capisco
    https://store.flokk.com/us/en-gb/products/hag-capisco?model=8106-STD&code=02AZ62
    https://store.flokk.com/us/en-gb/products/hag-capisco-puls?model=8010-STD&code=00B2RT

try it before you judge it! i was skeptical at first, but now I want to steel my wife's!

all the best

Henrik

11. tived

tived Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    a chair won't fix back problems! but it can help by not making it worse - have spent my last 8 years with a compressed disk S1/L5

i have another chair which I also had as a kid, it is minimalistic but functional - really beautiful

THE KEVI OFFICE CHAIR ;-) it doesn't look like much but it is actually incredible comfortable

upload_2020-7-26_15-16-16.png

12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    @MegaFalloutFan oh i am glad you are over it and drainage was able to do the trick as soon as i started reading your post my "ptsd" from that whole thing hit red alarms since i had to take the surgery and let it heal the thing they removed from me was on the size of my fist almost ....i still have to advice you to sometime check it with a doctor if you never did but you tell me it was 12 years ago ... so my red alert about it is off :p

been 14 years i had the surgery after that i even sit on rocks on the beach for hours drinking beers with friends etc not a problem what so ever ... except a little bit of shore asscheeks ... you know rough huge rocks are not exactly ergonomic :p

@K.S. sorry if i ruined your meal brother i warned about the link i was not even posting to argue about chairs at all :p

13. No no - it was a good share, sucks you had to live it though... :oops:

Venix likes this.
  14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, now that you guys opened the subject, and got some resistance to gross subjects, I can share that I too had one of those monster boils right at the end of my spine and between the upper part of my butt cheeks about 6-7 years ago. As I was someone plagued by boils/acnee all around that area since my early teens, I didn't care for it too much at first. But within 2-3 weeks it evolved to almost being a third upper butt cheek in size, it was so bad that I couldn't even sit on anything other that a stool or lay down without insane pain. Sleeping was almost impossible.

Mind you, this was also next to the lumbar area where I had (and still do) at least 1 herniated disc, so I was in even more pain because of that. I went to the doctor, and they day before I had scheduled a surgery, the thing popped and I literally though I shat myself. As said, I had many boils in my life, but never have I seen so much puss literally flow out, it lasted 3 days of almost non-stop drainage, but at least it did drain out completely and didn't return. :oops:

I always blamed the thing due to being very fat, very hairy and very sweaty. But now I can add having a pos wooden chair to the list. It never crossed my (or the doctor's for that matter) mind, but I did have the very opposite of ergonomic and comfortable chair at that time.

Now I don't know if having a 1500 euro chair is the answer, but since I had my ~400 euro AK Racing, it didn't happen again. But honestly, I would consider going for a HM or another more high end ergonomic brand sometime in the future, problem is you can hardly find them over here.

15. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    Well is well over and i am now that guy that when i hear such things i grab my friends from the hair and drag em to the doctor a close friend of mine said about a bit of blood like how it started with me very early and i forcefully dragged him to the doctor it was so early he was fully healed in 2 weeks with out ever having pain i spend good 3 months cause when they open you up with this there are no stitches it has to heal from the bottom up ... :p

@Solfaur i am not sure if a bad chair is one of the causes of it but 5-10% of the population get this thing at least once on their life including women i remember a poor woman that had her 3rd case ...

Anyway sorry for derailing the thread so much.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Solfaur likes this.