Heres my new X99 Build.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by A M D BugBear, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Negative.It's fine the way it is.Just one thing.The space for the fan at the bottom.I'd cover that up if not in use.A lot of dust can get through there.Other than that once your overall temps are fine, yea rock on bro! Enjoy that monster! :D

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    I just did Aida X64 with full test except hdd and gpu's, stable for over 2 hrs and a half, nothing has flunked, the clocks on your left, :)

3. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB REV3
    Cable management isn't only about looks. Bad cable management can constrict and hamper air flow through your case. It is like putting a fan in one side of your living room, putting tvs, furniture, etc... spread everywhere in the middle, sitting on the other side of the room and expecting the fan to cool you off.

I'm not really snobby about cable management, I really don't care what it looks like inside, but I do want optimal air flow through my case.

I like your build. Good components. Not a huge fan of that case though, but it's not too bad.

4. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    question....why are you using 2 sli connectors? or am I doing it wrong?

edit: sorry I see now. I didn't read at first.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Sweet!!! :thumbup:

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli

When I do my next case maintenance, Thinking about putting the psu upside down then have the hard wired cables coming from the psu, can go right directly underneath the hole going to the other side of the case so the cables will look alot better, Joking earlier, I said, perhaps put the corsair on the bottom and put the psu at the top, I know for sure, alot of cables will be hidden, but the damn pegs on the case is to small, thus not really a properly airflow to the psu to put it upside down on the bottom of the case.

7. Madhatstand

Madhatstand Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 2070 Super JS
    Makes me feel a little better at my attempt lol! :D

[​IMG]

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Very nice, I see you put your psu upside down. Question, I dont feel like checking now on it but will later, do you know where you put the psu in, the bottom portion of the case, does it have holes where the psu can breath better? Also, where the stand pegs are for the case, did you put anything more underneath to make it stand taller so the psu can provide a much better airflow??

Also, very interesting how you put the hdds, the cable is being visble, ever thought of putting the hdd the other way around so the cables wont be exposed?

Update:

Nevermind, your using a different case then mine, LOL!!

Will attempt it later, I will post updates.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. CmlDexter

CmlDexter Member

GPU:
    x2 GTX 660
    Looks nice. I would try to clean up the cables a bit. Hope you enjoy your new build. GO X99!!! I will post mine soon :D

10. Madhatstand

GPU:
    Palit 2070 Super JS
    It's a Fractal Design Arc CL case so plenty of room and airflow around the PSU - there's a full length mesh panel with dust filter that sits underneath it and the case comes with 2 rubber supports for it to sit on so all's good!

I normally mount the hd cage the other way to hide the wires as you say (I've also 2 SSDs mounted on the back of the mobo as well as there's a dedicated space built in for them there!). As I tend to fiddle around with hds a bit and it as took ages to get the back panel due to all the wires round the back I connected them all this way for ease of installation! That back panel is staying shut lol!

There's a side panel on the case but were it sits you can't see the hds anyway so no big deal!

He was my initial install of this rig in an old CM960 case - that was tight squeeze! Hence the Arc XL!

[​IMG]

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli

Is that a mid-atx case? Sure do look like it.

I'll post some stuff later, thinking about putting the psu upside down.

12. Madhatstand

GPU:
    Palit 2070 Super JS
    It's a first gen Coolermaster CM960 so yeah! Always had PSU that way round, my reasoning is to stop hot air from the PSU getting into the case - not sure if it's better or worse but I've never had any issues!

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nice build man, enjoy!