Here it is: Custom Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8G

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Screw gigabyte. I want my new sapphire nitro/trixxx/toxic/whatever vega 64!!!

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    +1 for a Vega56/64 Nitro+ with backplate and custom PCB.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Prices are starting to normalize now and availability is looking better but that's the stock 64 and 56 models so yeah no doubt the entry of these initial custom cards are going to see similar price spikes and lower availability for a while.

I do look forward to seeing what they can do with the GPU but if the Strix faced issues then the WC 64 might be top of the line already short of perhaps some few PCB improvements.

Full 4 x4 HBM2 stacks (EDIT: Thus 4GB per stack and 16 GB total.) and getting that 4096 bus bandwidth could perhaps pop the bottleneck a bit too but that's not happening for the consumer models and the special drivers and other things for the Vega Frontier model has it's own drawbacks plus from my understanding it's not just a bandwidth issue even if it's slightly holding back the GPU in certain scenarios. (Full on 1 Ghz memory might help a bit further maybe but apparently the stock model is already heavily overvolted and overclocked with the 64 pushing it even further so it might not be possible.) Well in any case more reviews will be fun and I guess next year there's the mid-end Vega models possibly being released and news on both Navi and NVidia Volta perhaps.

Not sure if there's room for a 600 series of more mainline GDDR5 or GDDR5X GPU's either (GDDR6 is probably not going to be available that soon.) the 500 series weren't that big of a increase over the 400's so that line might have reached it's limits short of a new architecture but who knows, sticking 2x Vega GPU's on a single die would probably require a ton of power too plus it would require good Crossfire scaling which Vega was just recently enabled to utilize so probably not happening either.
    (Little Vega Nano model could be a thing perhaps, not too sure of the possibilities on that either though I think AMD showcased a possible model a while back so it had to be planned at least.)

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    And -9001 for swapping out components for cheaper ones than those used in cards sent to reviewers. Never forget. I can't, I'm still on that same damn card.

6. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Yep, Gigabyte cheaps out on parts with revisions. Gigabyte has a history of doing this with mobos and gpus.