Here is what a next-gen Crysis game could look like

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Memorian, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Here is what a next-gen Crysis game could look like

Damian Stempniewski has been experimenting with the latest version of CRYENGINE and Megascans, and decided to share an image from his map. Damian used the palm tress from the first Crysis, thus giving the map a Crysis-feel.

As Damian claimed, this scene was running in real-time, however it was not playable at all, mostly because he enabled tessellation on all objects.

[​IMG]

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    brb, gonna fap.

3. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    If you wanna see what Cryengine can doo, just take a look at Star Citizen ;-) :banana:

4. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    It's nice to see there's someone trying to push graphical boundaries in a world dominated by limited hardware capability of consoles.

Granted, things like Uncharted 4 are astonishing feats when considering what the devs made within their limited graphical budget but sometimes it's just nice to see what's really (borderline) possible with state-of-the-art hardware and no restrictions to consider.

5. SA SYS

SA SYS Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE GTX 1080 FE
    Hope to see a new crytek game ....

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    certainly hoping to see a next gen crysis type of game, this picture gives me nostalgia on when i first installed the game.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Would that sufice though. People dont like Crysis' 1s gameplay (other than the devot fans) but they also dont like CODs style of gameplay?

Crysis 2 is not differnt to COD, so where is the happy medium? Is it in the story aspect and pace of Wolf the New Order, or is it in the pace and design of the likes of Far Cry since Far Cry 3?

Gfx are great, abyone can littrealy create Crysis's "can it run" in the user firendly engines of tody, but prductive gameplay is anothe story altogether.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    you might need 20TF to run that

9. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Under which api was it unplayable 11 or 12?

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Cryengine 5 have a Vulkan support. If thats the case maybe it will playable otherwise...

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I dont think the artist will be skilled or wont have time enough to make it like that.

12. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    If this was unplayable under dx11 then maybe under 12/vulkan it will be playable since
    the whole point of those api's was to see more stuff on the screen.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    crysis 1 main problem was levels when u get to the mountain inside it, that's when it gets on rails missions, if they make the game sandbox all the way, it will be the happy medium you are talking about, and please stop talking as if gaming is dead or whatever you are trying to achieve there...

14. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    Im in awe right now, just wow! damn.... I first thought this was a real beach, for real. Film grain effect is very good and the AA on the palm trees are perfect. Eyegasm.

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Dayum!!! Just look at how much detail is in the rocks wow! If this is true we will have cry sis 4 with huge potential to beat out top titles in the market today! I hope it happens.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    we need to see and its close to reality if we someone can make an island setting using the latest frostbite build of bf1.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Honestly, graphics like this have been do-able for a while. The problem is he probably spent weeks setting up that in individual scene to look that good. Scaling that level of detail across an entire open world game simply isn't feasible.

That being said, all games going for a realistic model should be using photogrammetry. Makes the textures look so much grittier and organic.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Probably one of the most prominent DX 11 features, still heavily underused to this day.

19. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    The only thing I dont like when Dev's make screen-shots for upcoming games using programs that alter the way the game looks in real time! Ive seen it so many times across so many games, Metro for example they had a phys-x featrure they wanted to promote ( thats fine) but actuall Gameplay looked Nothing like it sorry.

That to me is Lying to the public cause you are cheating and not giving us what your showing!

20. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I've been on beaches in real life that looked allot worse then that. I'm going to have to grow my beard longer again just to catch all the drool if this was ever playable in a game. :nerd: