Here is an alleged photo of AMD Radeon Big Navi Radeon RX 6000

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Well if it actually has 16GB it's going to be 256-bit memory controller, no other way that will actually work using an 8 x 2GB memory configuration. 8 x 32-bit memory controllers = 256-bit. The # of memory controllers has to match the # of chips on the PCB. If they do GDDR6X same as the RTX 3080, it would have 608GB/s using 19Gbps GDDR6X memory.

Short of them doing 16 x 1GB configuration which I also doubt as that would make for a very crowded PCB layout. Also kinda rules out them putting them on the back of the PCB too as I don't think the backplate would provide enough cooling for GDDR6 or GDDR6X. Not to mention a 16 x 1GB memory config would end up being a 512-bit memory bus.

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am looking forward to the RT performance. We know that GPUs have the power for 4K @ 60 FPS raster graphics now.

RT should be the next benchmark before purchasing.

3. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Wake me when RTX-3000 GPUs are available in plentiful quantities. So far from nVidia, we have a product announcement sans products. The review sites will be getting cherry-picked specials, as is nVidia's usual MO. Customer availability will come sometime later, with AIB availability sometime after that. BTW, many people will be waiting to see what AMD brings to the table before springing for an RTX-3000--these things will cost too much to be hasty about. I don't see AMD has a problem, actually.

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I don't disagree I'm just saying the largest die inst 256bit so no way this is big Navi. I'm sure they didn't toss RDNA1 out so we should be looking at repeated blocks of 20CU's with a 128bit memory controller per block. Anything over 40CU's will have > 256 bit memory controller. I'm not sure its any Navi but it isn't big Navi.

5. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    It's laughable how transparent the AMD crew are being regarding the obvious advantage Nvidia have AGAIN... And who is it that are complaining about the 3080 benches? 25-45% better then a 2080ti is pretty good in my book considering it's in a lower tier price wise... Will AMD cards have dedicated RT? No. Will they have dedicated AI used for RT denoise and DLSS? No. And even IF Big Navi can compete in traditional performance the dedicated RT and Tensor Cores on Ampere still give it the Win. Let's see when the 6000 series launches and have this "discussion" again then. I'll bring the tissues for you guys... lol.

6. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    You don't know if anything you said is true, nobody does. Why don't we all follow your own advice and lets see when the 6000 series launches.

7. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    AMD BIG Big Navy RDNA2 7nm+ 2100Mhz 16GB HBM2 will smash this bla bla bla RTX 3080!
    Nvidia just hype to make money on fanboys.... come on AMD... make a earthquake on GPU market as the same at the CPU market... (poor Intel after Ryzen 4XXX arrive)

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What's a bla bla bla RTX 3080? I honestly don't understand this kind of attitude. Buy which one works best for you and be done with it

Archvile82 likes this.
  9. panogr

panogr Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800XT Ref
    intel was also sure amd wouldn't get them , let's just wait a little longer. i am sooooo curious to see that big navi , i have a good feeling :)

10. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    At least now we know the full RDNA 2 is indeed 80 cores.

Undying likes this.

11. True. Both companies will not be happy if both 3080 leaked & RX 6000 benchmarks are true, lol - and I sure hope they are not because good lord they are not good... man oh man'

itpro and Undying like this.
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    New rumours floating around that Big Navi could have a 128MB cache using some form of infinity fabric. In order to make up for using GDDR6 instead of GDDR6X (which they can't use).

Not sure how this would make a difference, I think its just more people throwing rumours around.

If they really wanted to tackle the high end then 16GB HBM2 would of easily solved the bandwidth issues. If it is an 80CU monster then wouldn't a 256bit bus starve it of bandwidth? And trying to create a caching system like on Ryzen CPU's would be more trouble than its worth and create memory latency too. Going HBM2 would allow for lower memory latency, more bandwidth, smaller PCB, cheaper PCB thanks to less traces needed. Sort of like mixing Radeon VII with Fury but this time with a gaming focused architecture in RDNA2.

I don't know, the different news stories of standard GDDR6 just doesn't fit well with me with the other rumours of an 80CU chip. It kinda makes me think that AMD really are not going for the high end at all and that 80CU chip is probably a CDNA card.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Cdna does not exist. At least for gaming. Rdna will get a 3.0 version after 2.0. It is not finished, yet. So, they should focus more in "gaming" performance.