Here is an alleged photo of AMD Radeon Big Navi Radeon RX 6000

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Devid

Devid Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Making a 256bit card to compete with what exactly?:eek:
    There is no way this the full fat Big Navi maybe this is its little sibling...

Kaarme likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It seems fake and somebody is playing with his 5700xt.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Still think this is too late. Wonder why AMD decided to pick up the scraps after the release of the 3000-series. I guess nVidia must be pretty happy.

5. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    "too" late is a bit too early, since we have no cards on hand, no reviews in sight. And if we wanna guess how NVIDIA is feeling, i'd say they crap their pants when they obtained some inside info about pricings of RDNA2 cards which is why they lowered their prices, out of panic, out of sheer desperation after decades of price gouging.

Evildead666 likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If first 3080 benchmarks are true nvidia will be not happy for long.

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    It's not like AMD, which was a part of the HBM design team, wouldn't know the significance of memory bandwidth. Why would they suddenly starve their cards on purpose? Unless they came up with some phenomenal, previously unimaginable way to double the bandwidth use efficiency.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Is this codename "Dust magnet" ?

Venix likes this.
  9. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb

Yeah this rig shows way too much dust ...one thing is certain this pc on the picture needs some love !

10. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Would say that was a small er Navi :) the dust could be deliberate lets face it not everyone cares how clean the inside of a pc is

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    The leaked ones from china? :D I hope they ain't true or 2080Ti users won't have anything to upgrade (unless they pay extremely much for 3090)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not fake, the stickers on the card designates it as "Full ???? Typical XT A0 ASIC’"

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  13. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    If you want some real inside info to play with,

Go search videos and benchmarks. The whole situation will be like 280/280x/290/290x vs 760/770/780/780ti all over again. Nvidia will not be bang for buck and will not hold the performance crown so easily , unless they out a real titan.

200 series, either x or normal, were and still is kinda undead gpu. Like gtx 900 series vs r9 300 series.

Future-proof, better and more memory. Both r9 200/300 series had more memory bit, bandwidth, features than 700/900 gtx series, 3/4/8 gb vs 3/4/6 gb.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  14. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    If you look at the back of the board, you can see various pins and sockets, probably diagnostic pins

Evildead666 and Undying like this.
  15. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    I don't see this card beating 3080 let alone competing with 3090, you guys need a reality check.
    Should be 2x 5700XT performance plus something we have no idea of how much.
    Well, end of next month we will know.

Evildead666 and Ricardo like this.

16. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    It is fake. A testboard true but not from the upcoming cards.

This guy is nobody and has access to that card in China of all countries?
    Clearly reminds me the Vega leaked picture from June 2017 tbh

17. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If its real(I don't believe it is) its probably Navi22 which is the bigger but not biggest die. There is no way the largest Navi die will have a 256bit memory controler.

Evildead666 likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If its real and its second best navi its strange that it has 16gb. Not that i complain though. It spells doom for 3070.

DeskStar likes this.
  19. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I'm going with the 'Bits and Bytes' theory, that this is 16Gbit chips of Samsung GDDR6 being shiowcased, along with the A0 rev of the card.
    It looks like those stickers were put there to show off the components to people, maybe during a backroom demo a long while ago ?

If Nvidia can keep their cards under wraps until launch day, I suspect AMD can too. ;)

(I'm also secretly hoping that the differentiation between PRO and Consumer GPU's at AMD will enable the removal of Double Precision hardware from the consumer side, and increase the number of 'simpler' shader units. Remember what happened between the Radeon 2xxx series and the 3xxx series ? a large jump in shader count.
    Could this be why Nvidia upped the shader count so much ? because of a possible 80CU / 128 shaders per CU card at AMD ?)

Undying likes this.
  20. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    At the same time a 3080 has the same number of ROP, TMU, Int ALU and similar clock speed than a 2080ti. In the other hand, yes, the Ampere card has 2x the FP ALU and more memory bandwidth, but unless you look at cases where those were serious bottleneck for a 2080ti, the improvement won't be massive.

Nvidia is paying the price of Samsung 8nm and zero improvement to clock speed....