Here are steps on installing the beta drivers in vista for razer AC1.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by GenClaymore, Mar 27, 2007.

1. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    I get a 404 not found error when I click on it.

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Thats odd it works for me, I just tried it.

3. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    Awesome it works now! It installed in it's own and everything except for one thing. The Audio control panel won't load. I also tried the old razer control panel which won't load either...

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You have to use the C-media panel, the Asus panel will not work. I know I got the Razer panel to load once but thru manaul load. I dont remember what I did since it been ages and then dont have a barracuda on hand any more.

But their should be the C-media normal control panel in the bottom right in the task tray.

5. TJ-White

TJ-White New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 260
    Thanks for doing this Gen, i loaded the drivers they work great how do you get the cmedia control pannel to work ?

6. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    I did a ton of trial and error and finally figured out how to load the control panel...

Step 1. Uninstall the driver from "Programs and Features" because the control panel just won't load with it installed.
    Step 2. Install the driver manually by telling the driver updater to search in "yourextractlocation\Vista_W7\SoftwareDriver\driver" and choose install anyway when the warning comes up.
    Step 3. Copy "CmiHDAV.cpl" from "yourextractlocation\Vista_W7\SoftwareDriver\dll" to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" ("C:\Windows\System32" if you are using 32bit).
    Step 4. Open regedit, browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", right click in the right side, choose New > String value, give it a name (CmiHDAV is the original name), double click to open, and put this in the data field "C:\Windows\syswow64\RunDll32.exe C:\Windows\Syswow64\CmiHDAV.cpl,CMICtrlWnd".
    Step 5. Close everything/reboot and it should appear in your lower right corner after your PC boots.

I know it would be nice to use the normal installer but for some reason it just wont work...

Now for my question... Does this have the DirectSound3D emulation feature? I still don't get surround sound in older games...

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The option in the Control panel called Xear 3D EX suppose to be it for non Asus cards, From me reading up on that option. See if turning that off and on changes any thing. I been trying for a while to get the driver to put it in the corner on install, but Since I haven't done this for the Razer so long I couldn't. The only way I could get it to work is to do the editing using Auzentech X-Meridian latest win7 drivers, which i in the middle of uploading now to file front. I don't know how these will do vs the asus ones.

But for now at least their newer drivers then what razer currently has on their page.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  8. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    I don't have that option anywhere in the control panel and mine says "Xear3D" without the "EX". This is using the ASUS control panel based off of the C-Media one btw.
    So I guess either the driver or the card doesn't have it...

9. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    I just tried your "RazerW732_64.rar" but it says it doesn't contain any information about my hardware...

10. TJ-White

TJ-White New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 260
    Well i tryed this is didnt work i am running 64 bit but at least i have sound just no pannel

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I fiqure that might happen, you may have to do it thru the device manager. But since it did that.

This is how I be doing the editing of the driver ini's for different cards and what not, The Razer barracuda,HT omega etc etc all uses the same drivers, Asus drivers has some extra code in it that drivers for these other cards doesn't have. Just like Razer has code for its HDMI plug that asus doesn't have in their drives. The DSGX2.5/GX mode may never work on other cards other then asus. But in my last post Xear3D EX was suppose to be like it without the Eax5 emulation for the other Oxygen HD chipset cards.

The line below is from the ini in the driver folder that located in softwaredriver. This is for my card but still this shows you what to change in the ini.

The PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_83141043 line is what you change to the one that is for the Razer barracuda AC1 that is from its Razer Ini. Then if you want you can rename some of the Asus HDAV lines to Razer barracuda in the Ini's or which every sound card driver that your using.

[ASUSTeK]
    %CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCI, PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_83141043

[ASUSTeK.NTamd64]
    %CMI8788.DeviceDesc%=CMPCIX64, PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_83141043

Then in the ini sub folder which is also in the software drivers folder,

The PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_83141043 = WDM_CMPCI6 line you would change the same thing to the Razer Device ID line.

This is pretty much what I do.

But this is a work around to have sound and newer drivers til Razer releases newer drivers, I doubt they will release something like Asus DSGX2.5/GX mode for surround sound functions But I not sure why the Toggle button for Xear 3D EX which gives surround sound just without the eax5 emulation isnt working.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  12. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    Anyone else notice that the drivers Razer have listed on their site work great under win 7. I don't know how the surround works as the PC It's In Is only stereo, but other than that It works flawlessly. If anyone has used this In multi-channel under win7 let me know.

13. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    Yeah they work fine however they are very outdated and have some bugs like some games won't work with surround sound and the control panel is annoying.
    I'm sure it's fine for a lot of people though.

14. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    which games don't work? I'm thinking of using this card again.

15. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    Well, going from personal experience alone I know that old games that use directsound3d/EAX such as the Battlefield series and Giants.
    Also for some reason Crysis didn't have surround sound until I updated the driver, I think that was just a bug as Crysis has OpenAL support.
    There are probably more I just don't know...

All the Valve games work btw!

16. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    I noticed that too with Crysis under Vista.

Actually If most games don't have surround sound It does not bother me as I got used to using the STX In stereo mode because of the superior sound In 2 channel.

17. WiseAzz1

WiseAzz1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 GTX+
    What is the latest driver you can use that gives you a working control panel?

18. leedsleedsfc

leedsleedsfc New Member

GPU:
    ddr 3
    razer

i cant get crysis to play in 5.1 what drivers did you update please and i cant get the hdav control panel to go in the taskbar i am using windows 7 and the ac1 and hp1 with a dolby digital decoder thank you for any help

19. WiseAzz1

WiseAzz1 Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 GTX+
  20. WattoToydarian

WattoToydarian Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX260 (192core)
    Razer has a new driver posted on their site which has the save driver date as the new c-media one (10/19/09). This one also fixes surround sound in Crysis.
    Razer Barracuda AC-1 Windows 7 Driver v2.24 (One for Vista too)