Help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by devgroup2, Nov 11, 2010.

1. devgroup2

devgroup2 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gts240 x 2
    I was wondering if anyone can help me out on an issue I am having with MOH and Black Ops.

I have an Alienware Aurora with 2 gts240 vid cards and when I try and run MOH everything is fine when in single player but when I go in to multiplayer everything works perfect that is.... until I exit the multiplayer game at that point when I exit out I get a blue screen crash.

On Black Ops, my system feezes and locks up forcing me to hard crash my computer.

All my other games mw2, bfbc2, sto all work fine this has just happened with these two releases. I have talked with nvidia (to no avail), sent request for help from activision (no luck) so now I am here in the hopes someone might know what to do.

2. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Make sure you have:
    latest patch for the games
    latest version of DirectX
    latest version of Nvidia Driver

Games will also hang up for me if I dont tell windows firewall to let the games in question bypass it.

3. CosmicFTW

CosmicFTW Member

GPU:
    GTX295 Quad sli
    This happens to me also with regards BO. Steam vers will update your directx etc on first run. If not run it manually as said above. I am running GTX295 Quad sli.
    IMO it is an sli profile issue with nvidia's latest drivers. It only happens using the 260.99 and 260.63 drivers for me, if i use the 258.96 as i am now there is no issue. Hopefully they will fix it with the next driver release. The 258.96 works in sli but has 3 cores on 20% and core four on 80-90% lol
    My advice is try in single card mode and see if still crashn. Mine runs same on one core as four atm....which is essentially 1 gtx260 lol. The drivers def will make it better when released.

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    cod black ops has a framerate cap, which explains the lower load on your GPUs. have you tried removing the framerate cap or raising it to see if the load balances out more.

as for OP's medal of honor, the singleplayer and multiplayer uses different engines. singleplayer is using unreal but the multiplayer is using the engine they used for bfbc2 iirc. so that explains why it doesnt crash on singleplayer. but yeah, update your drivers, see if it sorts out the issue for multiplayer.