Help with WoW and FPS issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by duchess, Mar 16, 2009.

1. duchess

duchess New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO
    I recently updated my ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO driver to the latest one (I believe it is 9.2.

And now my FPS is very low and the game is stuttering and just a plain mess. Does anyone know what the best version of driver for this card would be? I have heard that the newest is not always the best.

I am running Windows Vista 32 bit. Any other info you need, please let me know.

2. duchess

duchess New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO
    Anyone here? I would really love some help with this. I have tried rolling back the driver version all the way to 8.7, and still no good.

3. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Don't just roll it back. Uninstall it using add/remove programs and then use driver cleaner to clean up what's left. Then reinstall the last known good drivers.

If this is an AGP card, you may need the AGP hotfix.

4. duchess

duchess New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO
    No not an AGP card. Just a regular ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO that I wanted to update the drivers for to 9.2. However, for some reason when I did that, my FPS in game (World of Warcraft) went way down to 20ish and stayed there. The game was also very choppy/laggy. I just cannot figure out why.

ALso, I cannot seem to find driver cleaner that you talk about. Do you know where to get it?

Edit: Ok found it, however I really am not willing to pay 10 bucks for it. I guess I will just figure a way to do it.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009

5. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    It stutters for me me too and i get FPS drops in bot CF enabled or disabled or AI standard or Advanced.

6. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    same

7. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Was the first result if you google Driver Cleaner.

8. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    Update: This software was removed at the request of the publisher. A newer version of their software is still available yet shareware, to be found at the author's website.

its not free anymore, try driver sweeper

9. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    try fullscreen instead windowed, windowed dosnt apply 3D clocks if this card uses em

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I had to revert back to the 9.1 cats after seeing almost a 90% drop in framerate. With a 2600Pro, you're going to have to reduce most of the graphics settings with the newer cats....and even further with the 9.2 cats. I can't even get reasonable framerates with the default settings using the 9.2cats where I was averaging 120-160fps with all settings (yes, including shadows) maxed out at 1680x1050 with the original 8.12hotfix. There is some glitch in the graphics engine for WoW that Blizzard has yet to fix and in some cases appears to be making worse. At least you're not alone though. Have seen numerous complaints from nV users who seem to be having the exact same issues.