help with watercooling set up

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by @renadier, Feb 17, 2010.

1. @renadier

@renadier Master Guru

GPU:
    2X AMD R280X @ 1072/1250
    hello guru's,
    iam trying to make a shopping list for bit to make a water cooling system,but iam baffled by the hoses and clip part of it all and i have never watered my pc before...hope it grows.
    the list so far gos like so.
    XSPC Dual 750 Bay Pump Reservoir Rev2 Multi Fascia
    Black Ice GT Stealth 240 Radiator
    EK-Supreme LT AMD - Acetal (754/939/AM2+/AM3

can you tell me what hoses and clips and so on i need for this please?

yours,
    GrenadierPerforation

p.s iam getting it from here..http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/basket
    unless i find cheaper

2. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
  3. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    each to their own but i can't stand t-lines, reservoirs make it 10000x easier to fill and bleed, also having a combo res/pump is nice if you don't have much space

i personally use these fittings, saves me needing to buy a ton of jubilee clips

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/B...nch-ID-34Inch-OD-Compression-Silver_1208.html

the only place they won't fit on my setup is on my cpu block, they are to wide to be that close to each other, i use

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p5000_Watercool-HK-CPU-LGA1oe-Rev--3.html

also for my cpu clamps i use not these exact ones but a generic kind

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/PrimoChill-Black-Steel-Spring-Clips-34Inch-OD-10-Pack_1170.html

as for hosing i used to use tygon but i recently changed to primochills primoflex lrt stuff and while it is not as flexible it doesn't tend to kink and become fogged up like the tygon does.

do you know what size hosing you are going to be using ?

also i tend to buy all my water cooling gear from here

www.aquatuning.co.uk

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. @renadier

@renadier Master Guru

GPU:
    2X AMD R280X @ 1072/1250
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  6. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
  7. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Hi,
    That Coolermaster Aquagate is a nice looking system, but if you read the reviews it's just not worth the money as it really doesn't do the best job in comparison to other non glitzy looking systems.

I'd go for the first link: X2O Delta 750 Dual WaterCooling Kit.
    The kit offers a a nice radiator that works well with low or high speed fans (I own the 360 version and it rocks so far)
    The CPU block does a great job in cooling (going by reviews I read)
    As for the Pump/Res I've had no experience with the product, but for a all in one it's specs seem reasonable.
    I like that the kit uses the ID 7/16" tubing as it's easy to work with in comparison to true ID 1/2" tubing.
    (don't be deceived , 7/16" tubing will offer the same flow rate as the ID 1/2" tubing and it fits 1/2" barbs snugly. Just dip the end of the tubing in hot distilled water before pushing it onto the barb)
    ID 7/16" is alot more flexible when working in tight spaces and kinks less.
    The kit is even cheaper then the glitzy looking Aquagate.
    The money you save you can buy some nice looking compression fittings to make the Delta kit look the part.
    That would be the only down side I see in the dela kit is the crappy plastic hose clamps that it comes with.
    Even though the plastic clamps are easy to use and work with, they are not something i would leave in use in my system for a long period of time.