Help with viewing Xbox through ATI All in wonder

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by JMF9900, Feb 17, 2006.

1. JMF9900

JMF9900 New Member

Hey guys, i just recently got a radeon x800 all in wonder. A couple days ago i hooked up the thing with the rca jacks on it and the rf ports for cable. My tv function works perfectly, but i was wondering, when i have my xbox hooked in to the 3 colored rca jacks how do i view it? i would like to be able to play my xbox on my computer monitor and capture some of it. Thanks a lot.

2. JMF9900

JMF9900 New Member

anyone have ideas?

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Just a little knowledge for you, the ati AIW cards don't capture images in real time, so your not going to be able to play it on it.

But you can record it, for whatever crazy reason.

For veiwing...well, recording, you need the software that comes with your x800, powerdirector, i'm unsure what other programs wotk with it.

4. JMF9900

JMF9900 New Member

wait, so how can i play it on my regular tv and capture it at the same time?

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  6. 5had0w

5had0w Active Member

GPU:
    HIS X800GTO IceQ II iTurbo (R480)
    Hey i saw your thread and I've thinking...I wanna connect my xbox to my pc. Is it possible?

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yes it is.

8. 5had0w

5had0w Active Member

GPU:
    HIS X800GTO IceQ II iTurbo (R480)
    And how m8?

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Get your video source and plug it into your graphics card, then use the software that comes with your x800, or maybe some other software, and you should be able to see it on a tiny little corner of your screen.

You won't be able to scale up the image, and you won't be able to play games properly as there is a lag.

10. mkw87

mkw87 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT @ 645:1750 - 1.38v
    My 9600xt AIW card plays my xbox fine on my computer.....
    So does a 50 dollar ATI TV tuner card (or equivalent card)

I’m not sure what your exact problem with getting the xbox to show up is. Use ATI’s TV program if you have it installed, right click, click properties, and make sure input is set to “composite”. If you don’t, I recommend DScaler, it’s a free TV program that I prefer over ATI’s TV program.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this, but I used to play my xbox all the time on my PC.

11. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    I used to do it with my X800 VIVO and PS2/Xbox using ATI MultiMedia Centre and ATI TV Tool (iirc) in particular. It was the only software it would work with and I couldnt get it working using either Media Player Classic or Intervideo WinDVR, it *had* to be through the ATI TV software. Try that and let us know, it should certainly work.

12. mkw87

mkw87 Member Guru

GPU:
    Intervideo and MPC are for video playback, they are not coded to display the realtime input from the capture card, thats why you need to use ATI TV software, or equivalently DScaler.

13. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Gotcha, I use my PCI TV card now anyway so still with WinDVR. I must say that the ATI tv in does give slightly better quality though. Thx for the info.

14. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Dscaler's really good for viewing video input.
    BTW, for the person trying to plug an xbox into an ati using the three-colour cable - I think you'll find that cable's for hdtv only, you need a normal lead that takes s-vid or composite.

15. mkw87

mkw87 Member Guru

GPU:
    The all in wonder series cards have a special purple wire with a small 'box' on the end that has s-video in, RCA video and left and right sound in, which is where I'm assuming he got the 'three wires' issue.

16. rtsai

rtsai Member

GPU:
    Ati All in Wonder 9800 Pro
    im having problems with the setup of the tv and audio with dscaler does anyone have suggestions? i cant get sound

17. mkw87

mkw87 Member Guru

GPU:
    Check through the settings and make sure the sound input is set up for the proper sound card you are using (ie: onboard if you are using onboard, or whatever sound card you might have).

Also make sure there isn't a program mute setting that has the sound muted.

18. rtsai

rtsai Member

GPU:
    Ati All in Wonder 9800 Pro
    nevermind it doesnt support the all in wonder series