Help with processor and gpu

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by icarotkd, Apr 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. icarotkd

icarotkd New Member

Hello everyone, first of all, im a noob, so go easy on me and please, be patient.
    My english is not the best BTW.
    I have a 9500gt pretty old GPU but I can actually play games like bf3 with 30 fps on low...
    But, i wanna buy a gtx 650, wich is a pretty good card, but the problem is my sh1tt1 processor.
    Its a celeron 2.60 e3400 2.60 ghz dual core.
    I dont know how its going to be when i get the new card, i mean, will it be fine even with this cheap and outdated processor? will i have all the performance with the card?
    To be more precise i also want to know how much fps will i have on bf3 (i like to use bf3 cuz its a demanding game) when i get the card.
    Right now i have more or less 30 fps on 800x600 on low. How much FPS will i have with the gtx 650 and this bad cpu?
    Thanks again.

2. DAWG1

DAWG1 Member

Your cpu will bottleneck your 650. You will see some improvement but not what you are looking for.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

I'd be inclined to think that your CPU may be holding back your current card as well so if you play BF3 online for example youse not see any improvement. If I were you I'd save up and try to pick up a full upgrade even an i3 would be night and day for you.

4. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

Agreed, a new card would be a waste of money when paired with your Celeron. The only reason I would suggest the 650 is if you're planning a new system build in the very near future.

5. chirop

chirop Member Guru

I have to agree with the rest , your CPU is really holding your videocard back.

6. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Master Guru

It does not matter what bottlenecks what here. Both are too slow to decently run current games