Help with pc no start

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by chbak112, Sep 21, 2013.

1. chbak112

chbak112 Member

GPU:
    nv GE FORCE 8800GTS 320mb
    hallo guys, i just get an old computer (5years old) from a friend of a friend. i only add a new hard drive and today i install windows xp.
    But the previous owner:thumbdown, guess what, had a bios password, so after the installation i quickly try to insert some backdoor passwords to see if i could overpass the password, but it failed, so i removed the bios battery and after a while :banana: the pc does not open at all. i change the battery now with another one that i had but again nothing.
    any ideas?????????????? i lost all my day for this:bang::)

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    No POST or won't boot into Windows? Did you tried to reset CMOS via jumper on motherboard?

3. chbak112

chbak112 Member

GPU:
    it does not open at all. no i did not touch the jumber, only remove the battery and replace

4. chbak112

chbak112 Member

GPU:
    i mean it does not start, no fans no signal, no noise ...nothing.

5. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Something here isn't right, removing and replacing the CMOS battery wouldn't do something like that, I'm 100% sure in that...

Did you tried to remove motherboard from rig and turn it on just with RAM, graphic card and PSU connected to motherboard (short the power on pins on the bottom of the motherboard)?

What do you mean by: "...i quickly try to insert some backdoor passwords..." ?

Edit
    Did you tried with other PSU? Also check all connectors/cables coming from PSU to motherboard and graphic card... Reseat graphic card and RAMs... If new PSU and rest mentioned above was not helpful than my third eye is telling me that motherboard is probably dead...

Edit #2:
    Tell me that you grounded yourself before working inside the "belly" of that rig. Static electricity can easily damage motherboard or other hardware inside the rig. I've seen that (too) many times...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  6. chbak112

chbak112 Member

GPU:
    yes i tried all these CrazY_Milojko, also with another psu and nothing.
    About the backdoor passwords i just meant that i tried out some factory passwords that are used from the technicians to bypass locked bios.
    It JUST OPENED!!! i checked the manual of the motherboard in order to check where are the power button pins and yes connection was correct. i tried to open the power from the motherboard but it did not opened. So, i unplugged the led from the pin and i change position of the power cable from pins -+ to +- and it opened!! Ihope it stays like that!! Anyway, thank you CrazY_Milojko!

7. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Glad to see you solved the "problem" but it's definitely weird. Just in case this happens again I suggest you to take that mobo to chirch so thay can do some demon exorcism... ;)