1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with OS file permissions

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Passus, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Recently did a fresh install of windows 10 all updated and using a microsoft account

issue is some programs cant get access to certain folders like programdata or anything in c:\windows

Install is 5 days old,, latest 1809 updated to 12th march cumulative

I do have the take ownership reg tweak but it doesnt seem to work anymore

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    What programs have trouble?

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    May be you get Ransomware protection "On"? Search in Settings for "ransomware protection".

4. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Any kind of programs,, couldnt even install games on any of my data drives at first but managed fix that

ransomware protection is off,, the problem i have today is with intel driver support assistant

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sound like you need to run ngen to compile stuff. this usual one frist thing I do cause permissions are screw up other wise in windows well more then usual

VC++ Redist installer

I usual grab that and the NGEN and run that in full on new install of windows, if I dont windows permissons are screwy and by that I mean windows tells me I dont have permission to go in folders I should have permisson too, that and alot stuff I use need this stuff so i just install it

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    And if nothing helps - reinstall Windows. First - without deleting current stuff, right over it.