1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Admin blocking RTSS.exe

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Sam276, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Sam276

Sam276 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    First time here, sorry if im breaking rules or sound like I have no clue what im talking about because I dont. Just kind of desperate and posted on reddit and steam. Im Trying to run MSI Afterburner but RivaTurner wont launch and so MSI wont use a the OSD. I get the error :An administrator has blocked you from running this app" then shows RTSS.exe. Ive right clicked and tried running as Admin obviously but I think this account already is Admin. Also Ive let it through the Windows Defender firewall. Ive seen some stuff on using CMP to sign in as admin but I need to launch this RivaTuner every time I launch afterburner. Any help would be much appreciated, ive looked everywhere and found nothing helpful.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Anyone else you your computer? if so it might be exactly what it says a admin block the app from running

3. Sam276

Sam276 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Actually just got a fix from someone on Steam. If anyone wants it I can link it. Thanks though.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the fix was to install RTSS 7.2.2