HELP! Watchdogs - can't move Aiden since latest patch!

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by wunkley, Sep 5, 2014.

1. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    As title, updated WD to latest version and I can't move Aiden or do anything in game once it loads.

Using xbox controller and/ or keyboard is the same. Can see inputs are registering as I'm stood there by safehouse and if I press an xbox controller button a Y 'use' icon will appear, if press keyboard an E 'use' icon will appear.

I have to alt tab and force quit out of the game! Help!

EDIT - further info. Seems to be an issue with my own blended mod I was using. Just tried a different mod's patch dat and patch fat files and it all works fine.
    I thought it may be a camera context lib file problem as I was using one that allowed me to pan left and right in in-car views, and I know this may be a multiplayer issue, so I took mine out and put someone elses in instead and re-packed, but still no joy...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    I have this Problem by uusingthe sourav beta test.

iI solved it by paused game and load last checkpoint, dont know why but it helped me

savest way to get update mod and patch

1. delete mod files
    2. let ubi made his update/if doesnt make it just click verify files (update is Not only the patch.fat/dat files)
    3. a) if you have an mod with new ubi 1.04.497 integrared - copy your MOD with the integratet ubi files to data_win64 foldee
    3. b) if Not unpack the ubi patch.fat/dat and copy it into your mod, repack and....
    4.play

3. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI

Hi mate

Managed to solve it myself. I'd tried to be clever and merge the latest patch files with my own patch dat patch fat files (my own mod blend I'm using). I just reverted back to these original ones without trying to integrate the latest patches patch dat/ patch fat files - and it now works as it should again, and still shows the latest game version number.

Not going to mess any more...

4. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I had the same issue after testing various mods after 2nd patch. Quitting to main menu and loading game again solved the problem, but I had to do this every time I launch the game. So I tried to move my savegame files from the save folder and on the next launch Uplay automatically restored my saves from the cloud and this problem was gone.