help Undervolting 2600X

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Leon.S.K, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Leon.S.K

Leon.S.K Guest

GPU:
    hello,

am having high temps on my CPU since I bought it, minding i live in a pretty hot environment 30+c and using the stock wraith cooler.

i read a lot of posts on how to undervolt but, I could not find the exact name for the voltage settings, and i suck as well. so here is what I did.

PBO Disabled
    C state Disabled

VDDCR CPU offset mode voltage - 0.08750 <<< can't have it any lower the system won't boot
    VDDCR SOC offset mode voltage - 0.08750 <<< this I have no idea if it did any effect.

am i doing anything right here? i tried Aida and HWinfo for stress and my readings went from 95c to 85c but still too high.
    system idles at 35 to 40c after the settings.
    any help or advice is much appreciated <3

THIS IS MY RIG :)
    RYZEN 2600X
    TUF B450 PRO GAMING
    CORSAIR VENGEANCE RATED AT 3200
    850 PSU GOLD
    SAMSUNG EVO
    GTX1650

any help is much appreciated as i only do light gaming and Netflix that's about it.

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    tbh it's the cooler's fault
    wraith is pretty crap.even though it's spire not stealth - that one is even worse.and for a hot room - you will need a decent cooler.

link us your online retailer,there's good coolers available around 20-30 eur/us that will do more than fine for what you need it for.

3. Leon.S.K

Leon.S.K Guest

GPU:
    i was thinking that as well. i went to shop for a cooler at the local shops but the cheapest i found was 160+ eur..

i can use amazon.sa https://www.amazon.sa/