HELP: Problems with driver from Ati or bad hardware

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Tieumuoi, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Member

GPU:
    XfX hd
    My pc:
    Asus p9x79 deluxe - lastest bios version
    I7 3820
    xFx hd 7950
    8 GB ram
    Psu seasonic x750
    Monitor dell u2711 , dual dvi
    Mice steelseri sensei.
    ----
    I just built it for a month, all new and clean setup. I installed the lastest catalyst 12.4, the screen crashed ( there are some multicolor block appear on the top of the monitor) and it turn to black, then show "ati driver has stopped...bla..bla..". I can not do anything with this problem. I testes is problem by using screensaver, just turn it on and see the crash immidiately.
    After following some forums, i tried some older version, even the driver cd in the xfx box. All happens the same thing.
    Later that, amd and guru have the 12.6 beta , i tried and it works but i can not play counter strike source ( my favorite game ). Running game is ok, but when i join team or using video stress test, it freezes (sometimes the screen is black or vertical grey) and must be hard reset.
    Living with 12.6 beta, i can surf web, watch hd movie, listen to music, retouch in photoshop, shooting photo with no troubles, except my fav game.
    I just install catalyst only. No any CAP profile.
    Someone can give me some advice?? Thanks a lot.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Is ur card overclocked?

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    it was working for a month then started crashing like this? or it never worked?

4. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Member

GPU:
    XfX hd
    - None overclock.
    - With catalyst 12.2, 12.3, 12.4, 12.2 RC : running screensaver, ie, firefox, flash site ---> crash. Game counter strike source : freeze and looping sound, must be hard reset.
    - With catalyst 12.6 beta (official and non-official) : no more crash. except game counter strike still the same error.
    - Monitor resolution : 2560x1440

[update]
    I did test ram by MEMTEST4.2 : ALL PASSED - NO ERROR
    VGA test and stability by GPUtool, MSI AB and AMD Overide, all default settings (800/1250,GPU 98%, fan 60%, temp 68-72 degree Celcius): about 1 hour, no artifact found.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

5. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    do you have loadline calibration enabled on the motherboard?

how are other source engine games?

6. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Member

GPU:
    XfX hd
    Other games are the same, just try my favo game Counter strike and MW 3. Same errors.
    What is loadline calibration ?? Never heard it.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    LLC stops CPU vdroop, but a grey screen is caused by the graphics card.

Can you underclock it a little with MSI AB and see if that helps?

8. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i've had tons of idle or transitioning instability (along with official anandtech review) with LLC enabled

so since source engine games or mw3 are light weight, they can trigger LLC annoyances faster for example

it probably isnt the cause of the problem here but it's an idea

9. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Member

GPU:
    XfX hd
    Actually, all my hardware components are at default setting so that i dont know what happens.
    Clean windows 7 setup with chipset inf driver and amd driver 12.3 ... Testing ... Some crashes ... Played game, no more crashes, but can't say anything now ...