Help, problem with booting! (moved)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by .:sTreeT:., Sep 10, 2007.

1. .:sTreeT:.

.:sTreeT:. Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GT CO 256MB 470/1100
    Hey guys. I just recently received the parts for my upgrade. The parts were a asus p5k mainboard 2 gigs of corsair twin xms ram (ddr2 6400) and a intel q6600 (GO steppings). I put everything in, made sure all the connections were there and I started it up. No beeps (in other words not POST), and no signal to the monitor. All the fans ran fine and power seemed to be getting to every component with all the lights on the mobo and case lit up along with the keyboard. So far I've tried running just the ram, cpu and mobo, but still no beeps/POST. At one point when I had all the components in I did get a intel cpu ucode loading error, but pressing f1 to continue didn't respond. Also when I tried booting up with just the ram, cpu, mobo and video card in I got a jmicron screen saying "detect drives done. no any drives found" word for word. The "cursor" was blinking but tapping any button my keyboard did nothing. Strange thing is I haven't been able to get these particular screens to come back up again under the same conditions. This is makes no sense and it's really starting to get frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. .:sTreeT:.

GPU:
    come on anyone? im getting desperate here :(

3. TheGr81

TheGr81 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon HD 7870 OC
    Do you have the extra 6-pin connector for power plugged into the mobo? Did you try clearing the CMOS? Did you try reseating the CPU and RAM?

4. .:sTreeT:.

GPU:
    I cleared CMOS, reseated ram, reconnected everything, and I'm pretty sure I have the right one plugged in. It's the same as my s939 board. None of this has worked. The only thing I haven't done is reseat the cpu, only because I dont have any alcohol to clean the artic mx1 that came on the artic cooler freezer 7 which is now also on the cpu.