1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLZ! Can't install SiS 315 Video Drivers on PC!!

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by Drunkenmasta, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Hey, here's the deal.

My bro recently bought a computer. Here are it's stats:

P4 @ 1.8 GHz
    256 MB of RAM
    80 GB Maxtor HDD
    Creative SB PCI 128 Sound card
    The graphics and Ethernet are on-board. Mobo chipset is SiS 650.

I just can't install the SiS 315 drivers! Keeps coming up with

Error: The setup program cannot find a suitable driver. The setup program will terminate.

Now, I used Aida32 to find EXACTLY what was on chipset and everything seems correct. If anyone can help, that would be wild. Thanks, that's all.

2. SirkoZ

SirkoZ Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB - Mmmm, SmoothVision :drool:
    Try downloading the latest chipset and graphics drivers for your/his chipset - from SIS: http://download.sis.com/ . ;)

3. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Done and done! Thanx :p

4. SirkoZ

SirkoZ Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB - Mmmm, SmoothVision :drool:
    Glad to see/hear that! :D

5. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

I have the same problem..I went on SiS and got the exact video card I wanted but it gives me that probelm...Help

6. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Hi, what chipset have you got? Try downloading Everest from here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1072

It's a trial version but it should tell you what you ned to know in the Motherboard and Chipset section :p.

Then download the apprpriate drivers.

If there is no install setup (rare though), then to install you can go via Device Manager in Control Panel>Performance & Maintenance (somtimes shortcuts to System)>System>Hardware tab. Right-click all of the yellow "?" and click on Install Driver and browse for the appropriate match!

Good luck! :)

pz out

7. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

um I got Aida 32 anyway. So it tells me cant do anything on the yellow question marks and saying its uploaded the lastest or fullest...what do I do? why cant I just install my video card and the type of chip set I got is a SiS 651 chip set Host PCI Bridge Help :puke2:

8. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Have you rebooted after install?

If yes, then write a list of your Hardware down, that helps :).

CPU:
    RAM:
    Motherboard:
    Power Supply:
    Videocard:

Fill in as much as you can.

They should be able to install upon right-clicking the yellow "?". If not then make sure you have the right chipset drivers and videocard driver.

That's all I can do until I get some stats of your PC :p.

pz out

9. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

uh is that rly neccesary of CPU:
    RAM:
    Motherboard:
    Power Supply:
    Videocard:

I mean what happned when u had the problem..when u had the problem tell me EXACTLY what you did..

10. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    I made sure I had the right drivers "SiS 650" ones and as far as I remember they didn't have an install setup, so I just used Device manager and it was fine.

Yes it is neccessary because there could be something wrong with the hardware signatures i.e wrong chipset or something is out of whack i.e Aida32 is playin up or Windows is just being a b!tch.

Thanks

pz out

11. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

alirte what do I do from here
    [​IMG]
    Thanks alot by the way

12. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Ok, if it's a video-card and your using an Nvidia or ATi series videocard, then grab the latest ones here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Catalyst = ATi
    Forceware = Nvidia

If you don't have an ATi, Nvidia or anything that reads S3, Matrox or anything, but if it's onboard graphics (on the motherboard and chipset) what you will need the chipset install for the graphics.

You may need to install the SiS AGP driver (Gart) as well which is available from site above. I was using the SiS 650 chipset and had an Intergrated Graphics Processor, so I grabbed them for the graphics. However I'm not 100% sure what your using.

After downloading the drivers, I then went into device manager as in pic you sent me, right-clicked on it and installed it browsing for the video drivers. Once it found the right file, the rest installed itself.

Ss for USB make sure it's the right chipset. It shouldn't be an issue once all the Audio, LAN, Graphics, AGP are installed :).

I think my problem was that the graphics was ONBAORD as in Integrated, it wasn't a videocard. The chipset was 315 but the video adapter was 650. Make sure you get each category right when downloading from the SiS site.

You shouldn't have a problem if the drivers are the right ones. I fyou get getting errors then that won't help. Since you aren't disclosing ya stats then all I can say is make sure they are the right ones according to Aida32 and if it's still wrong try using Everest.

Good luck, glad to help ;).

pz out

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  13. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

omg I didnt understand anything you just said... =( ok here tell me in steps like this
    > Step blah blah blah

anyway im not sure what kind of video card i have here look at this

[​IMG]

and heres something else [​IMG]

and this is what I downloaded [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  14. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

Cat got your tounge =P well im here all day..I was suppose to go to a gradutaion party but change of plans!

15. KoolKid

KoolKid New Member

Nevermind it works now =P I went through every download on SiS and found the right one xD so it works now thanks alot a whole bunch :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :eek:uch:

16. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    LOL hey man good to hear. Sorry I had to go to bed...it was late here in Australia ^_^...watched the world cup but we got PWNED by Brazil! We sucked, had sooo many opportunities but the freakin fairies couldn't hit the damn ball in hahahaha!

Glad you got PC going ;).

pz out