HELP...Please

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by jabo51581, Nov 18, 2005.

1. jabo51581

jabo51581 Member

Problem solved...thanks

I used the instructions in the ATI overclock sticky and now have about 80% graphics corruption at all times. PI assume it was the wrong bios. I tried to use my backup to correct it and it gives me an error sayin..."P/N mismatch".....I tried to use a different set of Bios and get same error.....

ATI 9800 Pro
    Windows XP

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  2. jabo51581

jabo51581 Member

The first BIOS I flashed (the one that screwed it all up" was th HYNIX28.040304.bin

I've tried the samsungs and all....I can't complete the flash without getting the error that I can't even read anymore.....I can barely make out

Old P/N
    New P/N...etc....etc...

them ERROR is written in red and right above it it says P/N mismatch.....anyone?

3. ronclon

ronclon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS 450 1GB
    hopefully someone with more knowledge will answer but i am guessing that your gpu is overheating. see if you can clock it down.

4. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    I think you can 'force' the old BIOS to take by adding the -f command to the line like this:
    flashrom.exe -p -f 0 original.bin
    where 0 is zero, and "original.bin" is the name of your original backed up BIOS.

Hope this helps you out!

Psychlone

5. jabo51581

jabo51581 Member

Thanks...I'll try that......my computer ended up uninstalling my dna drivers all together.....i re-installed them and then I couldn't get back into windows without the graphics card crapping the bed.......I had to put an old G-force card in just to get back to the forums.....I'll swap them back out and see if that works.....Man...talk about trial by fire....!

6. jabo51581

jabo51581 Member

Man...that was a lot of frickin work to be right back where I started....Thanks for (-F) info...that was a life saver......I guess I need to figure out why the new BIOS didn't work....guess I'll just stick with the old ones. Not going through that again. That took hours.....

7. jabo51581

jabo51581 Member

Oh well, thanks for getting me back on my feet guys.....I tried ATI tool and can't seem to get anything else out of my card testing with performance tester.......I give....thanks again